Is he trying to play me?

I crossed paths with a guy from the past. I asked if we could catch up during the week, his response;

’im not about this week unfortunately sorry’ 

I feel like he’s trying to make me bite again? (Of course I won’t) 

38 minutes ago, Comet4 said:

You already did when you asked him if you guys could catch up and he put you off.  If you didn't want to "bite" you should have spoken and kept walking.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Comet4 said:

I don''t see that. I think he is simply turning down your invitation and not epxressing an interest in arranging a different time. 

I would take the hint and move along. 

8 hours ago, Comet4 said:

his response;i'm not about this week unfortunately sorry’ 

I feel like he’s trying to make me bite again?  

How do you know each other? Were you dating? It seems like a polite "no thank you".  Not an enticement to ask again. That's ok. Just forget him.

• Like 1
  • Author

We met on tinder 🙈 I guess I was holding on to the hope that the mention of ‘unfortunately’ meant he could’ve wanted to see me too. But of course if he was genuinely away or something he could’ve mentioned an alternative and didn’t.

1 minute ago, Comet4 said:

We met on tinder 🙈

The best thing you can do for your peace of mind is go through your messaging apps, dating apps, contact lists, social media and delete and block all this dead weight.

There's no reason to stay in touch with these types of people.

You can prevent burnout by being careful about wasting time on go nowhere situations and uninterested men.

This way you can focus on men who are clearly interested rather than random background noise like this.

5 hours ago, Comet4 said:

I guess I was holding on to the hope that the mention of ‘unfortunately’ meant he could’ve wanted to see me too

This is projection on your part. 

It's normal, when we like someone and are looking for signs. But I think you are reading too much into that one word. Usually it's just a way to soften "no, thank you."