Marrying

Hi, I'm a Muslim boy and am 18. I have known another Muslim girl since year 7. So for 7 year, just normal class mates. We talked a lot more this year and she was telling me her life plans of getting married early, even next year. We went to prom together as friends and a couple days out on drives etc.

Her parents dont let her get picked by random boys and people but as I've known her for 7 years her parents let me.

How do I tell her that I like her, but not as a petty relationship. But to get married and a proper relationship.
It's her birthday next month and I've got her gifts, and we've planned a day out.
I'm renting a car that we can go to places, as I havent got one yet
I'm planning to say something then.
I dont just want to say, I want to marry you lol
Sometimes when I dont know what to say I stutter or dont make sense.
How do I come across saying this?
Any pointers?

Thanks

Edited by Zebb

If you are such traditional Muslims that you would get married at 18 to a girl you barely know, surely you would follow the standard tradition (al-khoutha) of having both of your fathers meet and arrange it?

And if you are not THAT traditional, maybe you want to reconsider getting married at 18 to a girl you barely know?

• Like 3
  • Author
13 hours ago, Elswyth said:

If you are such traditional Muslims that you would get married at 18 to a girl you barely know, surely you would follow the standard tradition (al-khoutha) of having both of your fathers meet and arrange it?

And if you are not THAT traditional, maybe you want to reconsider getting married at 18 to a girl you barely know?

Isnt 7 years a long time?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Zebb said:

We went to prom together.
It's her birthday next month and I've got her gifts, and we've planned a day out.
I'm renting a car that we can go to places, as I havent got one yet
I'm planning to say something then.

That's sweet. Have a good time. Is dating allowed in your culture? It seems like her parents approve. Tell her you care about her and one day you would like to marry and that when the time is right, you would like to make things official. Always be sure to get her parents approval for things.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Zebb said:

Isnt 7 years a long time?

You were "normal class mates" for 7 years. You've only talked "a lot more" for 8 months. You've been on literally 3 dates together. Yes, in modern cultures, that is considered barely knowing each other. Of course, in traditional cultures things are different, but parents will be involved.

• Like 1