Overthinking

So I’ve been seeing this guy for 2 months, we have been on a few dates and he has told me he likes me and has hinted about his sister/family etc wanting to meet me but the only thing is, he takes hours to reply! I have questioned this before and he does admit that he is a bad texter and often busy with work but we still use Snapchat to communicate - which is annoying. 

Am I over reacting? Overthinking? 

He will open my Snapchat and then take ages to reply, and then sometimes hours and with something completely different or asking what I’m up to now , how do I go about addressing this without sounding too much? 
and I do notice his Snapchat score it goes up between this period of him not replying to me- it is making me doubt my own self and am I boring to talk to? 

Would love some advice! 

8 minutes ago, SLB2022 said:

we have been on a few dates

How many dates have you been on in these 8 weeks? In-person interactions are more important than message response time.

People do not like to be text-tethered. Are you exclusive? Perhaps he is talking to/meeting others.

• Author
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

How many dates have you been on in these 8 weeks? In-person interactions are more important than message response time.

People do not like to be text-tethered. Are you exclusive? Perhaps he is talking to/meeting others.

4 so far mainly because for a few weeks we had holidays/plans prior!, but yeah when we are together it’s good and I feel at comfort with him! 

Not exclusive, but he did say I was the only one he was seeing at the minute? I mean people do lie sometimes and I mean he owes nothing to me at the minute as our relationship status hasn’t been confirmed - can you offer me any other advice? Or will I just see how it goes? 

41 minutes ago, SLB2022 said:

4 so far .Not exclusive, but he did say I was the only one he was seeing at the minute. Or will I just see how it goes? 

4 dates is just a beginning. You'll have to spend more time together in person and see how it goes. But don't text-tether or watch the phone/clock with regard to texting.

• Thanks 1