Met a girl playing video game

I met a girl while playing a video game that I have been playing for a couple of years now. This game attracts people from all over the world and its a massive multiplayer game with chat and stuff. This girl has been super nice to me. She laughs , flirts with me and is chatty. She lives in malaysia. I live in US. I just realized , I am the one chasing her. I messaged her 3 times, she responds everytime and is chatty after that but she mentioned her boyfriend to me a couple of times. He plays the same video game . Since last 2 days or so, she stopped responding to me. I am so lonely and empty to realize shes perhaps not into me. 

I similarly had another woman from US keep me in orbit. She used to flirt and had a boyfriend in the same game and we all played together. Then one day they split up and I didnt know. She flirted strongly  with me but  I felt it was weird why would she do that . Then she suddenly left the game. So I dont want to miss this new woman I met.  Any advice?

1 hour ago, Akashsingh said:

I met a girl while playing a video game that I have been playing for a couple of years now. This game attracts people from all over the world and its a massive multiplayer game with chat and stuff. This girl has been super nice to me. She laughs , flirts with me and is chatty. She lives in malaysia. I live in US. I just realized , I am the one chasing her. I messaged her 3 times, she responds everytime and is chatty after that but she mentioned her boyfriend to me a couple of times. He plays the same video game . Since last 2 days or so, she stopped responding to me. I am so lonely and empty to realize shes perhaps not into me. 

I similarly had another woman from US keep me in orbit. She used to flirt and had a boyfriend in the same game and we all played together. Then one day they split up and I didnt know. She flirted strongly  with me but  I felt it was weird why would she do that . Then she suddenly left the game. So I dont want to miss this new woman I met.  Any advice?

For starters, once you find out they have a bf you need to be the better person and limit all your conversations within the common interest. In this case, the game you all play. How would you feel if your gf met another player online and he was chasing her and she was "flirting" with him?  

Edited by ItsTheDay
  • Like 1
  • Author

I understand your pov. I conduct myself ethically but they are not married and its nothing serious probably between them . Almost all girls are going to have BFs or are going to say that. 

Edited by Akashsingh

I understand your pov. I conduct myself ethically but they are not married and its nothing serious probably between them . Almost all girls are going to have BFs or are going to say that. 

Presumably, if you get this girl to agree to date you, you wouldn't mind her flirting with other guys who are hitting on her, then? After all, you two are not married...

4 hours ago, Akashsingh said:

She’s in Msia. Hello? That’s thousands of km/mi away from the US. Have you been there? I’m sure spending a lot of time virtually may feel like you’re close with a person as you get to know their reactions and moves in a virtual game but it’s not real life. Have a good shake or cold shower, give the game a break for awhile and come back to reality. You had a crush perhaps so just shake it off. 

You don’t know this person. She could be a he and not what is portrayed online. Her having a partner is the last concern. He could be fictitious or her situation is not what you think. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Akashsingh said:

She lives in malaysia. I live in US.

Enjoy the game, but get a good profile and pics on some quality dating apps and start messaging and meeting local available women.

• Author

I have been online often to tell who is a man or a woman. She does talk like a woman to me. Shes 38 unmarried and no kids and I am 44 divorced and no kids. Plus shes really cute. Shes posted 3 different profiles with different pictures of her. I gave her my number but she didnt respond.

I just got off all other dating apps like bumble , tinder and match and this is the only game I am online on.

Edited by Akashsingh
29 minutes ago, Akashsingh said:

I have been online often to tell who is a man or a woman. She does talk like a woman to me. Shes 38 unmarried and no kids and I am 44 divorced and no kids. Plus shes really cute. Shes posted 3 different profiles with different pictures of her. I gave her my number but she didnt respond.

I just got off all other dating apps like bumble , tinder and match and this is the only game I am online on.

Just wondering, what game is this?

You're in US, she's in Asia. NOTHING is going to happen. 

So essentially, you are asking us to help you form a relationship with a person who ignored your number, hasn't spoken with you on the phone or webcam, hasn't met you IRL, lives over a thousand miles away from you, and has a boyfriend.

Who do you think we are, Santa Claus?  🤣

• Like 3

We have one life... just make sure you're living it the way you want to, spending time with people worth your while. This is a complete waste of time and I am so sorry. If you're feeling down and out, take a break from dating. Do you have friends or other hobbies? 

ExpatInItaly
8 hours ago, Akashsingh said:

I conduct myself ethically but they are not married and its nothing serious probably between them

My guy, you have no clue who these women are or what their relationships are like. It's not up to you to decide if a cyber-pal's relationship is serious. 

10 hours ago, Akashsingh said:

Any advice?

Get off the game and meet women in real life. 

• Like 1

She's not your only hope. I play WOW for over a decade, and I know these games can be like a meat market. People hitting on ya, flirting with you, etc. These games are used as an escape from reality...married/not married/bf/gf/etc...it's where people play out their fantasies, and get attention. That's all she and the others have been doing...getting attention to feel desired and you were not the only guy they were doing it to. Once they log off, they go back to their life as normal. And that's the truth. Stop wasting your time trying to use a video game as a dating site. It's summer, go grab a couple of buddies, head to a patio, enjoy some beers in the sunshine.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, smackie9 said:

She's not your only hope. I play WOW for over a decade, and I know these games can be like a meat market. People hitting on ya, flirting with you, etc.

Really??? Can't decide if I'm doing WoW wrong, or if I'm just oblivious... 😅

Agreed 100% re: meeting people IRL. Online games are nice but they should be an addition to the people in your IRL life, not a replacement for.

15 hours ago, Elswyth said:

Really??? Can't decide if I'm doing WoW wrong, or if I'm just oblivious... 😅

Agreed 100% re: meeting people IRL. Online games are nice but they should be an addition to the people in your IRL life, not a replacement for.

The game has really toned down over the years because most of the players are middle age adults...But holy crap around 2006-7 it was full on horny teenagers. If your toon was a hot chick in just in underwear dancing on the mailbox, guys would give you gold lol. Those were some crazy days.

8 hours ago, smackie9 said:

If your toon was a hot chick in just in underwear dancing on the mailbox, guys would give you gold lol.

Well, that must have been what I was doing wrong... or rather, not doing. 🤣

• Like 1