I love my partner but I need to tell him before he goes

I  (29F) met my boyfriend in the hotel I work at. (I live and work in Amsterdam,) He is a international IT engineer so he has spent the last 10 weeks in my hotel. 8 weeks ago we got close. I spent the night with him (We did not have sex as I was attacked many years ago) we slept together (just cuddling) and I have been spending time with him and he has been coming to my house.

He has met my mom and granny and they both love him. I love him too but have never told him and I want to know where we stand, I know he hasn't got a girlfriend and he has e-introduced me to his mom.,

I need help he is going tomorrow and my feelings are all over the place. He is from United Kingdom, I am all over the place

What do I do?

38 minutes ago, Katja said:

I  (29F) met my boyfriend in the hotel I work at. (I live and work in Amsterdam,) He is a international IT engineer so he has spent the last 10 weeks in my hotel. 8 weeks ago we got close. I spent the night with him (We did not have sex as I was attacked many years ago) we slept together (just cuddling) and I have been spending time with him and he has been coming to my house.

He has met my mom and granny and they both love him. I love him too but have never told him and I want to know where we stand, I know he hasn't got a girlfriend and he has e-introduced me to his mom.,

I need help he is going tomorrow and my feelings are all over the place. He is from United Kingdom, I am all over the place

What do I do?

Did you both not talk about this? Was the understanding that the romance stay in Amsterdam? 

I’m sure he knows how you feel. A man who isn’t willing to let you go will go through hell and high water having you by his side. It’s odd he seems so lukewarm.

• Like 1
stillafool

T

41 minutes ago, Katja said:

I love him too but have never told him and I want to know where we stand,

Telll him how you feel about him and ask him if he's interested.

• Like 1
  • Author
6 minutes ago, glows said:

Did you both not talk about this? Was the understanding that the romance stay in Amsterdam? 

I’m sure he knows how you feel. A man who isn’t willing to let you go will go through hell and high water having you by his side. It’s odd he seems so lukewarm.

He always talked about me going to the UK or he rents a place nearby for when he is over

He isn't warn, I refused to talk about when he goes, but I really do love hin

2 minutes ago, Katja said:

He always talked about me going to the UK or he rents a place nearby for when he is over

He isn't warn, I refused to talk about when he goes, but I really do love hin

He knows how you feel then and it’s mutual. I doubt there’s anything to say. I think you’re feeling sad he’s leaving but it can’t be helped if he’s going back for work. Long distance relationships are tricky. If you want to keep this going, be practical and discuss logistics for the next visit.

• Author

I went and stayed in his room last night. I struggled to tell him just in case it is the last time I see him. 

I did tell him I loved him and he said he loved me too. 

I feel very silly of myself

• Author

I caught him in Schiphol told him Ioved him and he said he loved me too. 

He said he will call me tonight when he gets home 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 1:59 PM, Katja said:

He said he will call me tonight when he gets home 

So how's it going? Did he call you? Will he be working near your hotel again? Or was it a one-time thing?

UK after Brexit is unchartered territory. Run a background check about him. There were several cases of men living a double life in the UK. Once that's out of the way and you're sure he's single, you can decide what to do. Maybe vacationing together if it's feasible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
On 8/1/2022 at 4:12 PM, justwhoiam said:

So how's it going? Did he call you? Will he be working near your hotel again? Or was it a one-time thing?

UK after Brexit is unchartered territory. Run a background check about him. There were several cases of men living a double life in the UK. Once that's out of the way and you're sure he's single, you can decide what to do. Maybe vacationing together if it's feasible.

He did call me and he has been back. Last time was last week, he was working with a colleague and his colleague said "Oh this must be the person he won't shut up about" 

My boyfriends asked me to go over 

• Like 2