Should I add her on social media or is it not worth it?

My first love and I were together for around 3 years before we broke up about 8 years ago, it was a mutual break up as we were quite young and things fizzled out. During the time we were apart she did have a 2 year relationship shortly after she left but that she got cheated on.

She did add me on social media a few years after we lost touch but I removed her after a few days as I tried to stay away from her as I was still healing, I then found out she got engaged around 6 months after that. In that time I was in another relationship which turned toxic so I left that and now I'm single. My ex however (my first love) did end up getting married but now I have found out she has got divorced recently about 7 months ago I think.

I am guessing she's single now if the divorce is fresh, I know its a long shot but she was my first love and I never really forgot about her, even though we haven't been in touch for years. I've been thinking about her a lot. Should I try adding her on social media, if so how long should I wait? I know a relationship with her is probably a probably not going to happen but I am curious whether she still thinks of me in a positive way as we parted on good terms.

I know a relationship is highly unlikely with her and I don't really have high hopes of that, but could there be anything negative coming from me adding her?

The only thing is her ex husband is a family friend of mine, I'm not really that close to him but we do know each other so I'm hoping that doesn't make things awkward.

Is it worth adding her on social media?

2 hours ago, Mimioy8 said:

Is it worth adding her on social media?

Not really. There's too much bad blood and too much water under the bridge. Try not to backpedal and live in the past.

Delete and block her and all her people from ALL your social media and messaging apps.

Start fresh. Get a good profile and pics on quality dating apps and start talking to and meeting women.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
9 hours ago, Mimioy8 said:

could there be anything negative coming from me adding her?

That depends on what your expectations are. 

Ask yourself if you would still want her on your social media if:
A) You try to reconnect and she isn't very responsive (or keeps things strictly friendly with you)
or
B) You start seeing photos of posts about a new man in her life. 

If those either of the above would sting or set you back, don't add her. 

• Like 1