So I'm curious to know wether or not this girl from work was flirting with me. I'm really bad at knowing these things since I grew up in an all boys school so don't shame me for not knowing if it's obvious or if I'm overthinking. So I was working with her and she randomly asked me in her exact words "have you ever had sex with anyone before?". At first I didn't think much of it since at the beginning when I first met her, she didn't want to give me her instagram. I wasn't aware that she was married since there's no ring but she is 19 so maybe her husband (27) couldn't afford it. Her husband also works in the same place so that gave me another reason as to why she probably wasn't flirting. She does have a habit of bringing me food to the point that I joked about that she should bring me more and literally did the next day. The main reason as to why I felt that maybe she wasn't flirting is because she's been trying to set me up with another coworker who's also beautiful but I wasn't interested in her so maybe that made her want to ask me that random question. Mind you I'm 25 so it's funny that she might wonder if I'm a virgin. Sometimes I wonder if she's in an arranged marriage because I've never seen her and her husband flirt or touch each other in a sexual way so maybe they're trying to be professional. I'm not interested in dating her but I like to not be oblivious.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
language

It doesn’t sound flirty to me, more motherly or worried about you maybe thinking you don’t have enough to eat. Asking if you’ve f-ed anyone is inappropriate and crude. She may be looking for attention speaking that way or being unprofessional at work. 

Either way, no, I wouldn’t read into it. Someone like that wouldn’t have much of my respect so whether they’re flirting with me would be the last thing I’m thinking about. 

She’s married so steer clear also even if you have a crush on her.

1 hour ago, ssboii said:

So I was working with her and she randomly asked me in her exact words "have you ever f***ed anyone before?".

That's a wildly inappropriate and crass question of her to ask.

Especially in a work environment. Where her husband works no less.

Keep your distance.

Edited by Alpacalia
mark clemson

It certainly is inappropriate at work. However at 19 she may not have learned the workplace "rules of the road" yet.

I would say that women tend to be a bit more subtle than this when flirting.

Consider if perhaps she is just genuinely wondering this and feels comfortable enough with you to actually ask, as one might a non-work friend?

Edited by mark clemson