That was strange

mortensorchid

I have been sending out resumes looking for a new job in the last few days/weeks.  I sent out to this company that I had worked for one summer for a summer job a few years ago as a job coach (training special teenagers to work jobs).  They responded to me and asked to see me, so we had arranged for an interview on Friday May 17th.  I agreed to the date and time, and the contact wrote back that it would work for them and I would be interviewing with her and three others.  I wrote back "Ok, see you then!".  Then she wrote back to me a few hours later saying :

Thank you for your interest in the position; however, at this time we will not be moving forward with your scheduled interview.

Thank you and good luck in your future endeavors.

That was strange.  Did they fill this position?  That had never happened before.

The 17th is today Tuesday. Do you mean this coming Friday, May 20th? Call them and find out over the phone if you're not sure and check the dates if the interview is still on.

• Author
mortensorchid
5 hours ago, glows said:

The 17th is today Tuesday. Do you mean this coming Friday, May 20th? Call them and find out over the phone if you're not sure and check the dates if the interview is still on.

Yes I meant the 20th.  But I think I will just let it go.  

36 minutes ago, mortensorchid said:

Yes I meant the 20th.  But I think I will just let it go.  

Why? Try calling tomorrow morning and check just in case. There's no harm in doing so and thank them for considering you for an interview. Find out also if they are hiring for any other positions. You never know and may get the inside scoop that way on other openings.

i don't think it's entirely unheard of, just sucky.  i'd probably guess there was someone already in the works that accepted in the meantime for it to be so random

Happy Lemming

My guess is they pulled your old employment record and found some notation like "Do not re-hire"

How did you leave the job a few summers ago??  Did you turn in proper notice??  Did you have any issues or problems with anyone there??

• Like 2

Or there may be someone still there who worked with you previously.

Best of luck for finding somewhere where you'll be a better fit

I strongly suspect that this has something to do with the fact that you worked there previously, a few years ago.  My theory is that they didn't realize this when they scheduled the interview, and after scheduling it they looked back and realized you worked there before, and there was something not favorable in your history with the place.

• Like 1