Need help with my FWB

Hello I’m a 24M currently causally seeing this other person 25M, we met back in January on an app and started to meet up nearly once a week ever since. We tend to meet up at mine and we talk, laugh, eat and then hookup and then after we tend to cuddle for awhile before he leaves. As time as gone on I started to catch feelings and expressed them to him, he said he felt things too but isn’t looking for anything serious as he not long ended a 4 year relationship. I was fine with keeping things how they was, maybe with the potential of things going somewhere one day when he’s ready. not long after that conversation he told me he is planning to move away by the end of summer. I’m trying to come to terms with the fact I soon won’t be able to see him anymore but it’s really hard as my feelings are getting stronger. A part of me thinks I should cut it off now but I don’t want to miss out of the few times we have left together. I know in the end I’m going to be very upset but I just feel helpless. It doesn’t help that I get Jealous that he sees other guys which I know isn’t wrong as we aren’t together but my feelings get in the way of that. 

Happy Lemming

Try to enjoy the time you have until his move. 

Take lots of pictures, one day you'll want to look back and remember the fun you had during the Spring & Summer of '22!

You know that this relationship is only hurting you and causing you emotional turmoil, so the best thing to do would be to end it.  Don't torture yourself by letting yourself get more attached when you know he's leaving and he's not committed to you.

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

but I don’t want to miss out of the few times we have left together.

You have to decide which desire is stronger.  As long as you're honest with yourself about the reality of the situation.

12 hours ago, Cblake said:

Hello I’m a 24M currently causally seeing this other person 25M, we met back in January on an app and started to meet up nearly once a week ever since. We tend to meet up at mine and we talk, laugh, eat and then hookup and then after we tend to cuddle for awhile before he leaves. As time as gone on I started to catch feelings and expressed them to him, he said he felt things too but isn’t looking for anything serious as he not long ended a 4 year relationship. I was fine with keeping things how they was, maybe with the potential of things going somewhere one day when he’s ready. not long after that conversation he told me he is planning to move away by the end of summer. I’m trying to come to terms with the fact I soon won’t be able to see him anymore but it’s really hard as my feelings are getting stronger. A part of me thinks I should cut it off now but I don’t want to miss out of the few times we have left together. I know in the end I’m going to be very upset but I just feel helpless. It doesn’t help that I get Jealous that he sees other guys which I know isn’t wrong as we aren’t together but my feelings get in the way of that. 

Are you also open to seeing and dating others? This isn't an exclusive relationship and if you're treating it that way, there's a mismatch and you're not on the same page. Be more honest with yourself and have the courage to end it if it's not for you. 

Edited by glows
17 hours ago, Cblake said:

As time as gone on I started to catch feelings and expressed them to him, he said he felt things too but isn’t looking for anything serious as he not long ended a 4 year relationship. == "'i'm not looking for a relationship with YOU"

I was fine with keeping things how they was, maybe with the potential of things going somewhere one day when he’s ready. == no you're not, that's why you're here asking :)

to be fair, FWB situations "never"* turn into the Something Else that one person wants.

*Never = astronomically unlikely for all given scenarios

• Like 1