It's one of those days where all the problems faced in life come crashing down. Feels crushed and suffocating. I'm sure not every one got their sh*t together. But the demons in my head is getting into my heart.. I tried being positive, tired fighting those negative thoughts. Somehow they are plaguing me, haunting me everyday. The weight of life burdens me. Those injustice scarred me. Drowning in my own emotions. 

Happy Lemming

I think we all have days like that...  Stop and tell yourself "I just need to get from one day to the next"

Tell yourself... OK, I have a roof over my head, I ate a warm meal today and I have clean clothes on my back, that is enough for today.  I'm not going to strive to do anything more than that today.

Who says you have to be positive every day, it is perfectly fine to feel sad or angry from time to time.  We've all have gone through dark days.  Then something happens, we turn a corner and things get better.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

Who says you have to be positive every day, it is perfectly fine to feel sad or angry from time to time.  We've all have gone through dark days. 

So true. 

9 hours ago, wtm78 said:

where all the problems faced in life come crashing down

When this happens to me, I make a list of things to be tackled. The ones you can control. And work on them one by one. Cross them off the list. As far as problems you cannot control, yes that's a tough one. They say let go of what you can't control, and it's true. It's the only viable way of handing (or better: ignoring/not handling) these. But it's hard. We tend to overthink the issues we can't control, because they aren't fair, and bc other people may have it easier, and so on. This sucks. Acknowledge that it sucks, and work on what you can work on.     

• Like 1
11 hours ago, wtm78 said:

Drowning in my own emotions. 

Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. I think a good routine is essential, self-care. Good diet, exercise, time in nature, spiritual practice, things which nurture yourself.

Even then sometimes we need medical help, I finally started taking anti-depressants after struggling for 2 years; they helped so much I wish I had gone to the doctor sooner. 

Sometimes life is just too much and the past couple of years have been horrible for millions. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 3
  • Author

thanks all... i know what i need.. just that i cant get what i need.. and its not within my control.. its disheartening and a let down..

Happy Lemming
4 minutes ago, wtm78 said:

thanks all... i know what i need.. just that i cant get what i need.. and its not within my control.. its disheartening and a let down..

I think you are confusing "wants" with "needs"... We NEED food, clothing and shelter, we want a person to share our lives with.

You don't always get everything you want in life.  Sometimes the lid just doesn't find the pot.

Happy Lemming
1 minute ago, wtm78 said:

So you are stuck on a tropical island with a volley ball as your only companion??

You are not isolated, you are posting with me... thus you are not alone.

I assume you can leave your home and see other humans, grocery shopping, buying gasoline, walking in the park.  Are you choosing not to leave your home??

Is there a local pub/sports bar near by.... go there have a beer and a steak.  Talk to people, connect with others watching a local sporting event.

• Like 1
On 4/5/2022 at 11:56 PM, wtm78 said:

. The weight of life burdens me. Drowning in my own emotions. 

Are you living alone? Did you legally divorce yet? How are your finances?

Do you work outside of the house?

Go to a physician for an evaluation of your physical and mental health. Ask for a referral to a qualified therapist for ongoing support.

Join some groups and clubs, volunteer, get a side hustle.

Make a commitment to better health and fitness. Quit bad habits like drinking too much. Get in shape, eat better meals.

Do not go to bars and drown your sorrows. Do something productive and rewarding.

• Author
3 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Are you living alone?

- yes, just me

Did you legally divorce yet?

- yes

How are your finances?

- struggling to make ends meet

Do you work outside of the house?

- no. Mostly work from home

Go to a physician for an evaluation of your physical and mental health. Ask for a referral to a qualified therapist for ongoing support.

- therapist say I'm fully equipped to think logically hence no need therapy..

- trying to find one. But it's not easy here locally

Make a commitment to better health and fitness. Quit bad habits like drinking too much. Get in shape, eat better meals.

- just went on a hike today, but it was raining. Treated myself a good meal today too.. 

Do not go to bars and drown your sorrows. Do something productive and rewarding.

- I have no idea what to do. When I'm alone 24hrs of the time.. you know how they say you are the average of the 5 people you hang out the most. I'm always with myself, me, I, me and myself.. slightly going crazy

On 4/7/2022 at 6:10 AM, wtm78 said:

- trying to find one. But it's not easy here locally

There are online resources for this.

Try to find at ONE activity you enjoy whether you do it online or in person.

I followed a woman who did group activities online during the pandemic, which helped ease my feelings of isolation as I was unable to go out. 

Can you check with your local hiking groups to see if there are any that you might like? 

It is even possible to start your own.

Don't give up.

Try to make your bed every morning. It's the little things... 

• Like 2