Why would a guy compete for a woman's attention [UPDATE Should I ask if he has a girlfriend]

PinkxoxCandy

33 minutes ago, Sea_Database_6744 said:

If he felt I was too invasive or pushy why would he engage with me?

@Sea_Database_6744, I realize I'm in the minority here, but don't ever be afraid to ask questions. 

Even if you appear foolish to him (which in this case I don't think you will given how HE openly engages with you) or others, so what?

Asking whether or not he has a girlfriend or if this co-worker is his girlfriend is not invasive imo and can even be asked in a playful way, given again how he openly talks and engages with you. 

You're not asking, seeking clarity for him, you're asking for YOU.

To enable you to make the best decision for you, to move forward and bring you peace..

I've done things in my life others disagreed with or thought were foolish, but I didn't care because at the end of the day, it brought ME to a place of peace and allowed me to move on. 

That's really all that matters imo.  

Good luck. 

Edited by poppyfields

@Sea_Database_6744

OP, every poster on this thread can see you're not over this situation, through your over-analysis of details that simply shouldn't matter to you anymore.  The bottom line is if you were over it, you wouldn't be here posting about it because you'd have new matters to be preoccupied with.   You are being dishonest with yourself and wasting your own time  and I think deep down you know that.   Don't disrespect yourself.  Let this situation go and worry about matters that are worth your time.

- Beach

• Like 3

7+ years is a LONG time to be fixated on one person who doesn't actually meet any of your needs.

Gussy up and go find someone else.

I am completely confused now. 

Based on your previous thread as @PinkxoxCandy, you already know he has a girlfriend, so I am confused as to why you would need to ask him (for clarity) as you stated in your thread as @Sea_Database_6744?

I can only suspect it's to cause drama of some sort, so please disregard my previous posts and probably best to just leave the two of them alone.

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1