Meeting my ex from 5 years ago

• Author
PowerEngers
1 hour ago, glows said:

When is her dad leaving? You mentioned she has to take care of him. Is he very elderly or needs help with mobility or is it an illness?

You're not really dating, just seeing one another. It may also just be a trip down memory lane to heal past hurts. 

Her dad is leaving next week, elderly yes, if by mobility issue you mean any disability then no, he is diabetic tho. The issue is, he only comes once in a blue moon, he only came once while we were together and basically this is the second time he is here, so doesn't know how to go anywhere.

I know we are not dating, trust me, I repeat it myself all the time, I don't even know anymore if is a trip down memory, just being friendly, really wanting something or as I said above that maybe is just me being too intense and anxious. Maybe I'm expecting too much? I'm trying to keep my expectative as low as I can, I mean, she have told me about a lot of things that she would like to do and don't do it just because, I ask her if she would get motivated if she do it with me and say yes right away, was like that with the beach, when we went out last monday and when wanting to go jogging, she even planned we meeting 4 times per week at least.

My issue is, I don't want her to think I'm desperate or something, but also, I don't want to just get away and let my opportunity die, if I have any of course. When we were together she always played the hard to get when she got mad at me, like not talking to me or anything until I do, then she would tell me "what the hell were you waiting" we would just laugh and keep going, in fact, when we started talking now she was the one always saying hi, then told me that she won't until I do, and of course I did.

Have you considered that you waited that long or didn't propose to her because she's not right for you? What kinds of things would she get mad at you when you both were together in a relationship? 

I'd hold off booking anything or reserving anything like the movie tickets. You were doing the logical thing by ensuring that you both have seats for the evening but give her more space and time to make more of an effort with you. 

Edited by glows
  • Author
PowerEngers
23 minutes ago, glows said:

Have you considered that you waited that long or didn't propose to her because she's not right for you? What kinds of things would she get mad at you when you both were together in a relationship? 

I'd hold off booking anything or reserving anything like the movie tickets. You were doing the logical thing by ensuring that you both have seats for the evening but give her more space and time to make more of an effort with you. 

No because I was dying to do it, and there's has not been another girl in my life I have that feeling as with her, I mean, for a 5+ years most of the time I see couples letting things die, like being touchy with them, even on our last year I would drive 20mins just to kiss her goodnight if we didn't get to see each other that day.

We had silly fights tbh, but we are very passionate giving out our opinions, we would be talking about any random topic like I don't know, a POV about a movie, which would end up we kinda arguing (not like full fighting or yelling each out), then we would be like none of us would give in and most of the time she was the one talking to me back and we would laugh about it like ""Yeah I won""", then she started to do the same until I talk to her. We never had any serious fight, she would support me on almost anything, and I did the same.

Yeah about the tickets I didn't do it because anything special, I just always buy it like that, I didn't even told her in the first place, I just told by mistake when I told her I was going and that was fine if she couldn't make it

EDIT: I just while writing this she texted me responding to a ws status from yesterday...

Edited by PowerEngers
55 minutes ago, PowerEngers said:

No because I was dying to do it, and there's has not been another girl in my life I have that feeling as with her, I mean, for a 5+ years most of the time I see couples letting things die, like being touchy with them, even on our last year I would drive 20mins just to kiss her goodnight if we didn't get to see each other that day.

We had silly fights tbh, but we are very passionate giving out our opinions, we would be talking about any random topic like I don't know, a POV about a movie, which would end up we kinda arguing (not like full fighting or yelling each out), then we would be like none of us would give in and most of the time she was the one talking to me back and we would laugh about it like ""Yeah I won""", then she started to do the same until I talk to her. We never had any serious fight, she would support me on almost anything, and I did the same.

Yeah about the tickets I didn't do it because anything special, I just always buy it like that, I didn't even told her in the first place, I just told by mistake when I told her I was going and that was fine if she couldn't make it

EDIT: I just while writing this she texted me responding to a ws status from yesterday...

If you truly feel like you want to give it another shot then try to be patient and see how things unfold. It's difficult to reconcile often because two individuals don't end up being on the same page or the past isn't forgiven/not enough trust. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PowerEngers said:

I just while writing this she texted me responding to a ws status from yesterday...

Ok, just breathe. Stay on the radar but pace yourself and conduct things like a tennis game volley or dance. Stay balanced. Think 3D , not linear.

• Thanks 1
  • Author
PowerEngers
14 minutes ago, glows said:

If you truly feel like you want to give it another shot then try to be patient and see how things unfold. It's difficult to reconcile often because two individuals don't end up being on the same page or the past isn't forgiven/not enough trust. 

Hell yes I want to give it another shot, guess I have to be more patient indeed....

3 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ok, just breathe. Stay on the radar but pace yourself and conduct things like a tennis game volley or dance. Stay balanced. Think 3D , not linear.

in the end she talked to me because my status was me in my car waiting the heavy rain to stop, it was a very bad weather that since the morning and still is ongoing today, almost no visibility yesterday tho, and she was mad because I still went out, she even called me for it saying things like I shouldn't go out, it was a dangerous weather, I have to be more responsible, etc....She have always been concerned for whatever I do because I like to race in my car, I used to skateboard (is not that popular here, so is not like people used to it), etc and she was always scared of anything happening to me, and most of the time ended up mad with me, but now I have to figure out if she was really mad with me or is she taking out on me for something else,

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
PowerEngers

Just wanted to let y'all know, we got back together!!!, we had few nights out, we talked about the good, the bad and the ugly about our past relationship, we even argued about one or two things, nothing alarming just difference of POV about how certain things happened back then and explaining/trying to understand each other, which is good to me because she didn't like that I didn't voice my opinion when we used to argue and now I do, back then I would just tell her she is right and move on. 2 weeks ago she came to my place for me to help her on something, and I took her home past midnight, nothing happened but we were too touchy, we kept talking as usual, I sent her flowers a few days later and we are now officially dating again since a week ago

I wanna thank you all because I really needed second third and even fourth POV about this and I really want this to work out so I'm doing my best for it, and hope she does too.

Thank you all

• Like 3