Losing a grandparent.

Agentra

Hi all, 

I hope you're well. 

Granny died on the 23rd. Two days ago it was her funeral service. 

This is the first time I've lost a family member. Family and I are sticking together and going through it together, but I cannot seem to understand what is happening. How do you deal with the guilt of never calling, the thought that this person and her soul are no longer here, that it's all over now, and that you'll never see them again? 

I feel all this love for her and it has nowhere to go. 

First of all, I am terribly sorry for the loss of your grandmother.

It doesn't matter how close or distant you were to your grandparent, grief affects you the same way.

There is nothing you can do about your loved one that passed away, other than learn from your guilt.

It doesn't matter what people say, we all make mistakes sometimes. And sometimes those mistakes hurt. We miss out on things we could have done or wished we had done. 

If I had more wisdom to impart, it would be that as you process your loss, remember how much your grandmother loved you and that wherever she is she still loves you and forgives you.

Edited by Alpaca

I’m sorry for your loss. Say goodbye and remember her in your way. You can get together with a few family members and honour her life and show your love that way especially in the way you treat each other as family.

Her legacy continues through the rest of you.