Ex-Husband's Wedding Day Disaster

KelliM1969

This one is a doozy, so bear with me.  The Ex-Husband is also the father of my two daughters, aged 22 and 18.  We have been divorced since 2014 but split since 2019.  In 2019 he gets involved with this woman that is a sister of a friend.  She seemed okay, I thought she would be a good role model for my kids.  The kids seemed to like her at first, that year, they all took a family vacation to Florida, my kids and her kids.  Things were going well until her kids( who are all in their 20's)  told mine, that their mom was a gold digger.  Now, mind you, my ex doesn't have any money, he has a good job, that's it.  My kids didn't take kindly to that, so that had that in the back of their minds.  So, as the months go on, this girl doesn't seem to want to have any type of relationship with my kids, she made it uncomfortable for them in their own home, so my oldest moved out and my youngest has been living with me full time. They just don't like her, but I kept giving her the benefit of the doubt in saying "hey, I know she isn't me  your mom, but just give her a chance" Then the ex proposed to her and once she got that ring on her finger, her whole attitude seemed to change, she didn't want to talk with them, she started blowing of the ex's sister and not conversing with her anymore. At this point, the kids really don't like her.  Fast forward to last month.  They had a destination wedding in Fort Lauderdale (they stayed in the same hotel and basically did the same things me and him did years before) Anyhow, she had me and my kids blocked on facebook and decided to unblock us, I guess to throw the wedding in our faces.  My youngest didn't attend the wedding, she didn't want to deal with the drama, so she went on a vacation with her boyfriend.  My oldest attended with her girlfriend.  Night before the wedding my daughter and her dad got a little bit tipsy, he was worse and actually blacked out and missed dinner before the wedding.  That entire day, she barely talked to my kid.  So, the day of the wedding my daughter and her friend had a bit much to drink.  They arrive on the beach to get pictures, this is a beach wedding so my daughter who is very tall and beautiful, had a dress on that kept riding up on her, she did have underwear on.  [ language]  I told her about that and how that wasn't appropriate.  I guess the bride to be heard it but didn't say anything.  So fast forward to the ceremony.  My daughter was joking with her friend, sticking her finger down her throat as in disgust to the wedding, but then realized that her dad looked happy and started to video the vows for her sister that was not in attendance.  After the wedding vows were done, they asked all family come up and get pictures and when my daughter went up, the bride said [language] My daughter continued to stand there and that is when my ex-sister in law went up and told her "lets' go walk on the beach baby girl" My daughter turned to leave and that is when the bride's sister tackled her to the ground and then the bride along with her daughters beat my daughter up. They jumped her and her father stood there and did nothing.  Luckily his brother helped my daughter and got her out of there. Her father told his brother to get his daughter out of there and then he proceeded to go to the reception and never checked on her to see how she is doing.  Regardless of the stupid stuff she may have done, she didn't deserve that! The next day, the bride and her daughters posted pictures of my beat up daughter on social media and laughing about it.  Needless to say, that woman cannot come back from that, ever, now the father wants to mend fences with his kids and they want no parts of it unless he divorces her.  What do you think? What are your opinions?   As I type this, I still cannot believe this happened. 

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
language
6 minutes ago, KelliM1969 said:

the day of the wedding my daughter and her friend had a bit much to drink.  My daughter was joking with her friend, sticking her finger down her throat as in disgust to the wedding. The next day, the bride and her daughters posted pictures of my beat up daughter on social media and laughing about it.

Your daughters are both over 18 so can choose to have nothing to do with their father or his wife.

• Like 1