Very long time friend said some things, am I taking it wrong?

Chilldude420

I want to start this out by saying I myself am in a relationship, am have been for 4 years, but I have been super unhappy for a long time and more recently have been in the process of figuring out exactly what I want to do. But on to what I have to say. 

My friend “C” and I have been friends for id say 12 years or so now. Not super close friends, but her and I have always been friends, I’ve always had her back when need be, and her and I have always had positive interactions together. We’ve spent some days alone, again, just as friends. But in hindsight, I guess you could say I was always more fond of her than I led her on to believe. I never made any moves, but I was always more than polite and nice to her. She’s great. I just never thought I was ever good enough for a girl like her when I was younger. 

Fast forward to this week. Her and I meet up to have just a day to hang out together. No plan really just wing it like good times. So I go pick her up, and we talk as we ride around to where we’re going. I lay it on her that most of our friends think I’m so happy and doing so great, but in reality I want a mega life change and I’m not very happy at all, and haven’t been for a really long time. Talking to her about things reminds me that hey - I’ve always had nothing but great times with this girl. If I were to break up with my current girlfriend, it would be super interesting to date her. 

While I’m thinking about all this stuff and telling her things she’s telling me things, it came up that her mom is actually moving out of their current apartment. That apartment is in an area I’ve actually been wanting to move to, and that it would be really cool if I moved into that apartment with her (but it is 2 bedrooms). She says if I don’t, she’s going to just move with her mom. But very interesting to me that she basically offered for me, knowing that I might leave this current person, to come live with her and if I don’t she’s probably not going to stay there. 

Then came up a bigger ambition of mine, I really want to move to these oceanfront apartments. All my other friends and even my girlfriend all said how dumb it is - but my friend C - she says that sounds amazing. I tell her that a studio apartment there is nicely priced, but it’s just that , a studio, and she said that would be fine. 

Am I being a crazy person? Or does it seem like there could be something here potentially?

I don’t worry about messing up our friendship. Like I said, we’ve always been great friends, but not super close. There isn’t really any super close things to mess up with her.  

Having read your other thread, you seem to be looking for an easy and convenient way out. Your current gf already knows you’re on POF chatting with other women. Why don’t you settle one thing first and end your current relationship before thinking of dating anyone else? 

My thoughts are: work on your own independence and get your own place. Date again when you feel ready. Planning to shack up with a friend you’d rather date while living with your current partner is too fast too soon and all kinds of unstable. This is something you seem to have a track history of doing - jumping way too fast into what looks like a prospective romance and then wondering why you’re no longer in love or feeling unhappy about the circumstances later. 

Edited by glows
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Chilldude420 said:

I’ve always had nothing but great times with this girl. If I were to break up with my current girlfriend, it would be super interesting to date her. 

You shouldn't be on dates with other women until you end your unhappy relationship.

Especially you are looking for a ready made home/situation to slide right into.