Two months after recovering from covid pneumonia I fell in to a deep depression. I have zero interest in conversation with my family and friends. Having to move my mouth to speak literally feels like a chore and I dread it. I am declining most calls. I don't go anywhere I just stay cooped up in my room. I don't know what makes me happy anymore. It is the weirdest feeling I have had in a long time. Almost like PMS on a thousand. Some days I feel like I am in a dream. I just can't shake it. Anyone ever experience this or the feeling of not wanting to speak? I just want to get back to my normal self. I have to fake laugh just to appear engaged in a conversation and not be rude. I'm checked out when people talk to me.. everything sounds stupid and blah. My face even looks stressed. I am so unhappy with life and trying to hang in there. The worst part is trying to be a supportive friend and listen to everyone else's problems while I am dying on the inside. 

Sorry this is happening. Research "long Covid" . See a physician for an evaluation of your physical and mental health. Talk about the malaise, lassitude depression and inertia.

Perhaps it's a Covid related sequela, perhaps it's something else. Get worked up to be sure.

18 hours ago, HazelBliss said:

Anyone ever experience this or the feeling of not wanting to speak?

Yes, when I had depression. That's not unusual after a virus. See a doctor.