How to build real self worth. The Kind of self worth that doesn't allow you to take crap from anyone. Are there any specific things I can do to build self worth. How do you all work on it? Share your stories please.

41 minutes ago, Lovele said:

How to build real self worth. The Kind of self worth that doesn't allow you to take crap from anyone. Are there any specific things I can do to build self worth. How do you all work on it? Share your stories please.

Sure thing. So basically you have to reorient your definition of truth. Truth should be what you believe. But that's a hard thing to do - deciding that just what you believe is the real truth. So try backing into it by perceiving what everybody else thinks or says as "story". It may be true or it may not be. They don't have all the information.  They are just having one slice of the information and making an opinion up was about 10% you and about 90% of them (meaning their prior experiences). So there's no freaking way that that can be truth right? It's just a story.

And everyone else in the world is still just a story. Even if it's the closest person to you it's still 50% you and 50% their past experiences. Still story.

For me, once I grasped this concept it was very easy for their stories to become more or less meaningless to me. Or rather as meaningful as I let them be.

Try it on

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 2:01 AM, Lovele said:

It's not about "taking crap" (or NOT "taking crap") from anyone else. Do you "take crap" from your own self when it tries to scold you and make you feel "lesser than" or "inferior to" or "guilty" or whatever else it tries to do to you?  Which is, of course, not about any physical or outer/physical sense or perception, idea or self-image. It is an inner thing where other people's (wrong and false) opinions of you just really do not (or should not) matter, and so you just live with your own sense of your own self and your own integrity and your own knowing of what is kind, loving, compassionate, gentle and constructive for all of humanity. Sense of self worth...do not take any crap from your own self! Forget about anyone and anything from the outside. We are our own worst enemies. It comes from within. The most devastating attacks against our own self comes from within.

Edited by Ronni_W
Grammar