Anyone have any experience of Proctor U electronic proctoring service? I have to use it for a test in a few weeks.

I'm a bit paranoid because it has horrible online reviews and some of them say settings and info got wiped from their computers. 

Yes...

My math tests and a few other were proctored with them.

They just sit and watch you while taking the exam. It's really not all that bad.

I did not have any issues with data being stolen.

Besides big brother is always watching. :classic_wink:

• Author
13 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

Yes...

My math tests and a few other were proctored with them.

They just sit and watch you while taking the exam. It's really not all that bad.

I did not have any issues with data being stolen.

Besides big brother is always watching. :classic_wink:

Thanks so much!

I hate this kind of stuff, I even scheduled it wrong, you do it in blocks of 30 minutes and I only bought one first. 

I asked the course tutor what if it doesn't work and she said they can assign me an alternative to the exam if that happened. But she also thought it would be fine, said they use it all the time.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, SingFish said:

Thanks so much!

I hate this kind of stuff, I even scheduled it wrong, you do it in blocks of 30 minutes and I only bought one first. 

I asked the course tutor what if it doesn't work and she said they can assign me an alternative to the exam if that happened. But she also thought it would be fine, said they use it all the time.

Do you have the option to have it proctored in person?

Some college and universities offer that option as well.

Mine were being proctored online back when the schools weren't allowing in-class participation during Covid.

• Author
2 hours ago, Alpaca said:

Do you have the option to have it proctored in person?

yes, by someone they approve, like the library. Going to give it a go and if it's cr*ppy I'll do that next time...

• Like 1