Medical Marijuana for arthritus

Not sure if this in the right sub forum, but looking for info from others that are using or considering using medical marijuana for arthritis issues.

Over the past few years, I've developed an osteo arthritis issue that has become an issue and looking for solutions. I did CDB pills for a few years with "some" help, but not much. Just go my Medical Marijuana card in Florida to find better products. the Ricks Simpson Oil (RSO) has been recommended and I'm gonna try it. We'll see.

Other products options, etc? And does RSO work?

Seems like a whole lot of experimenting is required which I'd rather skip.

I have arthritis in my hands but very mild and comes and goes. It’s uncomfortable when it’s there, sharp pains. I haven’t tried using CBD and I don’t think I need anything. 

Can you speak with your doctor about this? I have a very knowledgeable and open minded doctor I can talk to about anything unconventional or conventional, physical or mental health related. He/she may be able to inform you better about which to try first or suggest an alternative solution with better results.

15 hours ago, OldRover said:

my Medical Marijuana card in Florida to find better products.  Ricks Simpson Oil

Have you spoken to your physician and had an appropriate workup including blood and imaging tests tests for other forms of arthritis/joint pain. That's the first thing to try. Then ask for a referral to physical therapy.

Try to avoid snake-oil and quack treatments.  First know what you are dealing with health wise. Unfortunately seniors with legitimate issues are often targets for cure-alls.

Also keep in mind cannabis products may ease pain but have no anti-inflammatory properties. Arthritis is an inflammatory disease. Also immobility can worsen it. 

17 hours ago, OldRover said:

Not sure if this in the right sub forum, but looking for info from others that are using or considering using medical marijuana for arthritis issues.

Over the past few years, I've developed an osteo arthritis issue that has become an issue and looking for solutions. I did CDB pills for a few years with "some" help, but not much. Just go my Medical Marijuana card in Florida to find better products. the Ricks Simpson Oil (RSO) has been recommended and I'm gonna try it. We'll see.

Other products options, etc? And does RSO work?

Seems like a whole lot of experimenting is required which I'd rather skip.

Glucosamine and fish oils, daily and religiously. They don’t work instantly but over a period of weeks you will start to feel the benefit as they lubricate your joints. 

Accreditation- I don’t have Arthritis but I am a REPS3 qualified Personal Trainer and have had similar clients in the past that used glucosamine and fish oils with great success. Been out of that game for about 8 years now, but the science is still the same.
As a weed smoker and someone who who was awarded a CA Biotechnology uni placement just before lockdown (so unfortunately never actually did it). Personally,  from my understanding you won’t see Medical Grade being much (if any) benefit to actually doing the same job as glucosamine and fish oils.
CBN/THC/CBD bind to cb1 and cb2 receptors in the brain. You’re looking to actually lubricate your joints so I would say omega 3/6’s are your best bet =] Happy Christmas! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fox Sake said:

Glucosamine and fish oils, daily and religiously. They don’t work instantly but over a period of weeks you will start to feel the benefit as they lubricate your joints. 

This is good advice.

I take those too.

I have Cervical Osteoarthritis from a car accident years ago and exercise has worked tremendously with minimizing pain and inflammation for me.

Merry Christmas too!

Edited by Alpaca
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author

Thx for the replies. Was hoping to find some folks that were successfully using marijuana for arthritis.

Yes, I've talked to several doctors, an ortho doctor, but not specifically a physical therapist, Dr. didn't recommend it. I haven't tried the Glucosamine, but will look into it. Have tried muscle relaxers, CDB, and a few other thing with a bit of help.... just looking for better.

Incidentally, not looking to smoke it or get high. Both of my neighbors use CDB with success, one is a nurse.

I'm all for legalization, even thought it might make it more expensive. It does put some quality control on the product.

My situation is not brutal, I still am very active... bike, walk, ski, windsurf, etc. But painful at times. And my joints are not the main issue, it's the legs.

Appreciate the help.

• Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, OldRover said:

My situation is not brutal, I still am very active... bike, walk, ski, windsurf, etc. But painful at times. And my joints are not the main issue, it's the legs.

These sound a bit too strenuous for arthritis (with the exception of walking and light cycling). 

Have you tried yoga or water aerobics?

The evidence with regards to safety and effectiveness in the treatment of chronic arthritis pain in humans is inconclusive.

https://www.healthline.com/health/arthritis/marijuana-for-arthritis#effectiveness-for-arthritis
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/does-cbd-help-with-arthritis-pain-2020041019418

That's not to say it won't help in some cases, though I am not personally aware of anyone who has made use of it for arthritis.