The phoney Christmas well-wishing.

deepthinking

I have had a bad time with a landlord.'s employee.  Complained. Told him I hate him. Good reason.  And yet I know he will want to be all Christmassy and want me to be that way too, when he is on the premises. I love Christmas and It is a special time to show that love - but would you be Chrisrmassy with the landlord's employee or would you see a jerk exploiting  the Season Of Goodwill. 

Edited by deepthinking

Be a scrooge and hold grudges if you want but what's the point of not being minimally polite to employees at your apartment complex?

• Like 2
  • Author
7 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Be a scrooge and hold grudges if you want but what's the point of not being minimally polite to employees at your apartment complex?

I don't want to give him an opening to pester me again. Once Christmas is over...reality is back Does "minimally polite" mean I wear a frozen smirk? He may be the employee but he is a bully

Edited by deepthinking
1 hour ago, deepthinking said:

And yet I know he will want to be all Christmassy and want me to be that way too, when he is on the premises.

What does this mean? Just say Merry Christmas and excuse yourself in any other conversation. Say that you have to be somewhere else. 

You don't have to say anthing at all.  Don't even look their way just go in your apartment and mind your business.  I doubt they will care.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, glows said:

Just say Merry Christmas and excuse yourself in any other conversation. 

Agree. I do not expect to have personal relationships with service personnel. In fact, I tip everyone who does services all year long. Why? Good business, better service when you treat others as human beings. Be polite to people you have to interact with. It's that simple.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Agree. I do not expect to have personal relationships with service personnel. In fact, I tip everyone who does services all year long. Why? Good business, better service when you treat others as human beings. Be polite to people you have to interact with. It's that simple.

I like this. Along the lines of wishing Merry Christmas I also think that if someone is so upsetting, it doesn't serve any other purpose making things worse or causing more friction. 

I think I'm wondering more of why the OP thinks he's a bully. Is there some misunderstanding? What has this person done?

Any rotten feeling you're feeling towards him is hurting you too, OP. Is it possible to lose that feeling or let it pass?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...