Should I leave him?

Sailormoon9767

So I was married for six years and we split up. He was abusive and controlling. I left him, and we have a child so we couldn’t sever contact completely and he was constantly asking for me back and then I started hearing voices and thought they were real people and did what they told me to do and one of the things I did was get back together with him and now I realized that the voices weren’t real and I don’t know if I should feel guilty about wanting to leave him since he hasn’t acted abusive the whole time I was ill, kind of an a**h*** but not hit me or anything. no one knew how delusional I was so no one stopped me. And I feel very disoriented and like I had a bad dream. And he’s very angry with me and I feel very guilty about wanting to just get back to what I was doing before. 

Hopefully you are under the care of your physicians, psychiatrists and a qualified therapist for the delusional disorder.

Do you have friends and family to help you?

So sorry to hear about the voices.  The next time you hear voices don't do what they tell you to do but see your doctor right away.  It could be a sign of  a severe medical condition.  It probably wouldn't hurt to see a doctor anyway for an evaluation.

Have you been diagnosed? When you say you want to get back to what you were doing before, do you mean before he came back? I was with an emotionally abusive and controlling man for six years. Do not minimize the damage it can do, just because he is not hitting you. I am still dealing with some mild PTSD issues from that experience. 

The most important thing you should be doing right now is seeing a doctor/psychiatrist to make sure you are diagnosed and medicated so you do not hear voices and do not feel so disoriented. You have to take good care of yourself so you can take good care of your child. I am glad you have a good support system. Do they know you were hearing voices? How do they feel about you being back with your husband? 

• Author
Sailormoon9767

Update: he knows I want to leave he has slept in our sons room for like a year and then he gets in bed with me today and is grabbing me and touching me and stuff. And I didn’t like it.