I'm still in love with my ex but she has a new boyfriend and says that she still loves me

Cp41

My ex girlfriend and I had been together for 6 years on and off we kind of spilt twice but never actually parted ways. Until the second spilt which happened during COVID even though it came to a head in 2021 September, She's met someone else but at the start we were still fooling around. She is in a relationship with him now officially. I personally think it's a rebound because I did neglect the relationship and she was really worried that I wasn't going to step up she also lost her dad in 2020 and he job. She knows I really do love her and I need time to regain myself which I will do. I'm doing no contact with her, she's reached out 3 times in the last few weeks. It's only been trivial stuff though. Although she called me about my Amazon prime account which she is added to because it was playing up. I said that I was out and couldn't answer the phone and she got really funny with me. My head is in such a mess because of this. I've got back in to the gym I need to regain myself, the icing on the cake is that after all this time we still hadn't had sex! Plus she was a a virgin. There's still signs from her that she still loves me when I talk to her and in her MSG's she said she still loves me but there lots going on in her head and it's difficult. Is anyone else going through anything similar? 

1 hour ago, Cp41 said:

Is anyone else going through anything similar? 

I'm not going through anything similar. But I have previously made the mistake of staying friends with an ex while in a new relationship. I think your staying in touch is not fair to you or to her boyfriend. Do take the time to explain to her that you both need better boundaries and that you'll be going no contact. And then go NC properly. She can and should make alternative arrangements for Amazon Prime and anything else that she would use as an excuse to reestablish communication with you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Author
8 hours ago, Acacia98 said:

I'm not going through anything similar. But I have previously made the mistake of staying friends with an ex while in a new relationship. I think your staying in touch is not fair to you or to her boyfriend. Do take the time to explain to her that you both need better boundaries and that you'll be going no contact. And then go NC properly. She can and should make alternative arrangements for Amazon Prime and anything else that she would use as an excuse to reestablish communication with you. 

Thanks I just wish I could shake the feeling of still being in love with her. 

21 hours ago, Cp41 said:

Thanks I just wish I could shake the feeling of still being in love with her. 

I hear you. It takes time, but you'll get there. No contact really helps. It gives you a chance to start to forget her little by little. It also allows you to develop the emotional distance to start viewing your relationship more objectively.