Post divorce friendship break ups

I have a question re post divorce friend break ups. Is it ok to cut people out of your life that did not support you? Or do you feel these people need some understanding as to why you would cut them out? Short explanation, bad marriage, very distant ,self absorbed and alcoholic husband. After physical abuse of both myself and our child I filed for separation and finally divorce. It was a terrible divorce, threatened my life, I had a restraining order and he left me with nothing. The one thing I thought I’d have to support me were my girlfriends through this. But true to script my ex told every story to make me look evil and little by little every friend I had pulled away in support of him. I was initially shocked but then sad. And three years later I am still so sad about the lack of female support I had through a very though time. I also made some beautiful friendships, the silver lining. But I can’t stop thinking about the old friends I had. Is a discussion worth it or do you just leave that behind with marriage and embrace all the new? Is not discussing this with them ignoring the elephant in the room? 

Please cut them out of your life. I think it's important for someone who has been through abuse NOT to surround themselves with people who didn't treat them right. Drop them from your social media, etc.

• Like 1
  • Author
35 minutes ago, Acacia98 said:

Please cut them out of your life. I think it's important for someone who has been through abuse NOT to surround themselves with people who didn't treat them right. Drop them from your social media, etc.

Thank you. I am doing my best to hold strong with that. Just feels so unfinished. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kaylamay123 said:

. After physical abuse of both myself and our child I filed for separation and finally divorce. I had a restraining order and he left me with nothing. 

Excellent you got out. Delete him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps.

Make new friends live a new life. Leave no strings or memories to that kind of past.

Don't expect friends to understand complicated situations like this. Many people people just don't know what to say in this case.