After watching a documentaries like "Forks of Knifes" and the "Game Changer" we make a conscious choice to go vegan. At first I suggested we finish the unhealthily food left in the frig/freezer, but the more programs we watched, the less we were inclined to continue our poor eating habits. After a week, we went cold tofu, we gave away anything unopened and tossed the rest. It's been 8 months now and we feel much better. I don't have to resort to Virga to keep it up as you say, veggies for that for me. The girlfriend was able to reduce the dosages on some of her medications, stop others. We both lost weight. It hasn't been completely smooth transition, we have had some bad habits we still had to break. While we stopped eating meat, seafood, dairy, and eggs we occasionally treated our self's to a cheese pizza. After reading the book the "Cheese Trap", we realized how bad cheese was for us and how addicting, we sworn off all Cheese as well, we eat Vegan cheese only now.  We are regulars at our local farmers market now. We need to exercise more, Girlfriend ordered an exercise bike and Tonal is getting installed Monday. And we still probably eat too much processed foods, like Impossible and Beyond burgers, but for the most part we cook a lot more, each of us trying to cook different recipes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, AngryGromit said:

We are regulars at our local farmers market now

Yes I agree think vegan is a good switch,

Im trying it for the last year or two- do about 4/5 days a week at least just vegan,

I had problems with indigestion and heartburn previously, but think is definitely improving with a vegan diet,

still eat meat on occasion but almost completely off dairy now which I am feeling better for.

I just highlighted about the farmers market - good plan- think it is best to source the fresh vegetables and so on and prepare meals as much as you can yourself.

• Like 1