Supplements to increase my body muscles

Hey guys, I have started training on my own using apps. I have bought weights and set up a routine. I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with the best supplements I can add to my diet. I'm excited to hear from any one of you and getting started. Thanks!

I'm not a fitness expert but why don't you improve your diet 1st before you add in artificial things.   More natural is healthier.  

Supplements are only that, supplements. Do not buy into all the BS. I personally only use three supplements; pre workout, creatine and protein. Protein is (can be) the biggest gimmick there is, there is a certain way to know if you're getting a good protein. You'll want to look at the serving size vs the grams of protein per serving. Example; if you're looking at a protein that is 40 grams a serving size with only 25 grams of protein in that serving, that's not a good protein. That would be filled with fillers. You'll want to find a protein that is more pure, but it's more expensive. One of the best is Isoflex, which is 30 gram serving size with 27 gram of protein. It is not the protein I've been using, but I have used it before. The one I use is not for everyone and cost more than Isoflex, but mine is made from real foods; beef, chicken, and whole eggs and contains no whey. 

A pre workout is good for focus, energy and a good pump (depending on the ingredients). Stay away from a pre workout that has a lot of beta alanine in it. Pre workout is another product that can be a gimmick. Most pre workouts will have a lot of beta alanine, which results in that tingly feeling throughout your body. They add a lot of that so people think they feel it working. Back in the day, there used to be a lot of good pre workouts but they were all banned by the FDA. 

Creatine is simply, stick with monohydrate. Creatine isn't a gimmick but, just a myth that it puts on water weight.     

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Thank you all so much for your information on the supplements. I'm definitely excited to explore all these options more in-depth. Do you guys think getting a personal trainer would be ideal? I'd love to hear your input on that. Thank you!

Edited by ricefox
  • 2 weeks later...
endlesspossiblities

Speaking from experience (the athletic world), the supplement "road map" is LONG and WINDING and EVERY individual body is different.  In other words, what works for one may NOT work for another.  HARD WORK, good genes, quality diet, and PATIENCE are what I HAVE FOUND work best.  Now, you may not be getting your body ready to compete but maybe for quality of life or appearance (and this makes a difference) so KNOW what your end game is and then MAKE a plan and stick to it............