Ignore User Feature

Hi there. Is Ignore User only available through hovering over the user's icon? I ask because there's an OP asking for this feature who apparently can't find it. (There are also people saying essentially that she shouldn't ignore other posters, but that is a separate issue I suppose).

At any rate, perhaps this is not feasible right now, but shouldn't there be an option to Ignore User available from the user's profile page?  Seems like a button that you find directly displayed (rather than becoming available only via mouse hovering) would go a long way towards making it easier to ignore folks.

At the risk of stating what is already known, Ignore is an important feature, as one person's "something you need to hear" is sometime another's "ridiculous assumption" and a third's "verbal abuse". So it really might make sense to have more than one way to access it.

9 hours ago, mark clemson said:

I ask because there's an OP asking for this feature who apparently can't find it.

There are also 'flag' and 'contact us' features. 

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Removed linked post

If you click on your user name at the right hand side of the screen, a sub menu will appear.

Click "Ignored Users" and a screen will come up.  There is a space to type in the user name of the person you wish to ignore, then you can select which aspects you want to ignore.

• Like 1

At the risk of stating what is already known, Ignore is an important feature, as one person's "something you need to hear" is sometime another's "ridiculous assumption" and a third's "verbal abuse". So it really might make sense to have more than one way to access it.

We do our best not to remove posts that fall under “something you need to hear” or “ridiculous assumption”. I think we probably don’t remove enough of the “verbal abuse” than we should, mainly because we don’t see it unless someone reports it. 

At any rate, perhaps this is not feasible right now, but shouldn't there be an option to Ignore User available from the user's profile page?  Seems like a button that you find directly displayed (rather than becoming available only via mouse hovering) would go a long way towards making it easier to ignore folks.

Yes, that would be a nice feature. At this time, we don’t have the ability to change any of that. 

• Like 1