Have to tell boyfriend I can't visit him this weekend and that I'm going on a trip of a lifetime without him.

howwouldiknownow22

19 hours ago, howwouldiknownow22 said:

He paid for about 2 of them.  I spent THOUSANDS -- not to mention the times I had to work in airports and juggle clients ....so I could travel TO HIM.  

I hope typing it out and seeing the reality of this "relationship" has helped you to see how much you need to recover your self respect.  It's impossible to see how you'd do that so long as you stayed in a situation with such an abusive spoilt brat who very likely resents your career success and spending power, and was probably quite consciously trying to sabotage you.  Really hope you stay shot of him.

Edited by Taramere
19 hours ago, howwouldiknownow22 said:

So, I have to move on and really focus on the issues at hand.  This work/life balance was just the straw that broke the camels back.  He needs me to be submissive and at his beck and call and when I'm not ...he's done. 

So, time to face the music, right?  I just have to sit with this... and know that I can't make it better.  

It might have been easier in the beginning, first flush of a new romance, to overlook these. Now you know so it's better to respond to the reality than continue on unhappy.