Ex Wife

So my ex wife and I (have a son together) were separated for a year.  3 months into our separation, we tried to make it work for 4 months.  No go cause she wasn't really trying.  2 weeks before our divorce she tells me "that she regrets not making it work and that her life isn't any better without me.  That the grass isn't greener on the other side."  All while she has a boyfriend.  Any advice would be helpful.

How long had she had her boyfriend?

A betting man would say prior to the breakup. 

Her comments were you gauge and keep you interested.  I will promise you this, she will continue to make similar comments,  may pop up trying to initiate sex here and there. 

I hate when people use plan B in every situation,  unfortunately I believe you are her plan B.

• Like 4

She wanted out... she didn't try during the separation... tell her... "Goodbye." 

As above... she's feeding you enough info to keep you as "Plan B".   She has hurt you, and gotten want she wanted.  She wanted out, and she wanted someone new.   TO me... she has cheated on you since she has a BF and you aren't divorced.  AND... to me... that's an unforgivable thing. 

I know you probably want to her how you can fix it... but trust me... you will be better off without her.  If you don't just get the D... you will go back and forth with waiting for her.. and she now has a track record of just bailing out when she wants to.... WITHOUT TRYING TO TALK WITH YOU.

I'm very sorry you are here... but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Like 2

She probably wants to keep you on the back burner just in case. She made her choice and now she has to accept everything that goes with that.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, LostMan11 said:

So my ex wife and I (have a son together) were separated for a year. 

Make sure the focus is on being the best father you can be and developing a quality co-parenting relationship. 

Keep it cordial and as amicable as possible for the sake of your son.

Stay out of each other's dating/personal lives and stay away from schmaltzy and nonsense conversations.

Immediately change the subject to your son.

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 9/15/2021 at 5:26 AM, LostMan11 said:

All while she has a boyfriend.

BF is plan "A" and you are Plan "B".... It's time you looked after No#1, yourself. Before ever thinking about letting her back into your life other than the mother of your son, review any paper work with your separation/divorce. The last thing you want to do is untie what you have accomplished in the separation. Don't give her any reason to lash out with false allegations. Protect yourself. Keep all conversations about your son and his best interests.