Tricked to meet her new boyfriend? WTF!

MatthewOrff

I've known a girl (around 30 y/o) for a few weeks, nothing has happened, I like her but she doesn't drive me crazy.

But yesterday I was tricked by her into going to a supposed gathering of friends, and on her way it turns out that it was a meeting with her new boyfriend and his friends.

So she wanted to humiliate me or something?
Is this a common thing?

32 minutes ago, MatthewOrff said:

I like her but she doesn't drive me crazy. But yesterday I was tricked by her into going to a supposed gathering of friends, and on her way it turns out that it was a meeting with her new boyfriend and his friends.

It's unclear how you were "tricked"? Sounds like you were invited to a friend's get together. Do you have a crush on her? 

• Author
MatthewOrff
Just now, Wiseman2 said:

It's unclear how you were "tricked"? Sounds like you were invited to a friend's get together. Do you have a crush on her? 

No crush.

It's when someone invites you to meet only her friends and it turns out that her friends = her new boyfriend and the boyfriend's friends.

Sounds like a trick to me, why didn't she just tell me that she wanted to see her new boyfriend?

I don't think it was a trick or something designed to humiliate you.  I think she just used the "word" friends expansively.  She meant one thing but you understood something else.  

• Like 1
  • Author
MatthewOrff
3 minutes ago, d0nnivain said:

I don't think it was a trick or something designed to humiliate you.  I think she just used the "word" friends expansively.  She meant one thing but you understood something else.  

Even if the boyfriend's friends were not her friends and the boyfriend is just a random guy that she met two weeks ago?

She obviously doesn't know you have a crush on her and you are in her friendzone,  so she just invited her friend to accompany her to her new boyfriend, or crush gathering.  Have you told her you want her prior to this?