My BM new BF pulled a gun on me

So in January when I found out about my BM seeing someone else while she was living with me.. I was frustrated and mad because even though we weren't together at the time she was still living with me.. so I found a pic of them kissing as her screensaver.. and it hurt me pretty bad so I went off on her and kick her out.. a day later I decided to go to her work during lunch hr to apologize about my reaction the day before only to be suprised by him on the driver side on our car and pulled a 9mm to my face as soon as I pulled up..[ redacted] I completely ignored him but scared deep inside at the moment.. that pissed me off more cause she decided to move on with someone worse.. so I decided to file an assault report on him at that time without telling her.. the police told me it would take months for a response.. I finally got something in the mail from them to proceed today June 3rd.. should I still do it? I mean I think I still will but I want opinion from everyone else.. it ticked me off more knowing that he's already met my kids 2 times whenever she has them like.. how the hell does she let that happen after he pulled a gun on me the first time I caught them.. any advice?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
offensive language

Is this even a question?

Of course you need to

#1- He pulled a gun on you! You need to have documentation of that within the judicial system in case something should happen later

#2- He needs to learn there are consequences for illegal actions and he needs to be prosecuted

#3- This man is around your children and from the sounds of it he shouldn't be! Filing charges will give you ammo to get him away from them if possible 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Cdot94 said:

I finally got something in the mail from them to proceed today June 3rd.. should I still do it? I mean I think I still will but I want opinion from everyone else.. it ticked me off more knowing that he's already met my kids 2 times whenever she has them like.. how the hell does she let that happen after he pulled a gun on me the first time I caught them.. any advice?

Yes. By all means, proceed. He is a dangerous man. He's done it before, he will do it again. You should also get legal advice on whether he should be around your kids. 

I am curious about something though. You seemed to think that your baby mama shouldn't date someone else when she was living with you even though you were not together. Look, if you're not in a relationship with her, you have no say over who she sleeps with. In future, if you can't face the possibility of an ex seeing someone else, make sure not to live with her.

Edited by Acacia98

Brandishing a weapon is a major offense. you need to move forward with this. he will loose his ability to own a firearm , someone like this shouldn't be allowed to own one anyway . I'd also look into a restraining order for the kids 

Edited by anthon
spelling
  • Like 1

Stop seeking out confrontation. Call the police.

You or one of your kids is going to get shot if you keep this up.

Hopefully, CPS removes these kids from you, their mother and her thug BF.

• Like 2

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes you should move forward with the report.  If this guy is going around town with a gun, he is a danger to society and needs to be on the radar of the police. This is a guy who is around your kids.  

• Like 1
introverted1
15 hours ago, Cdot94 said:

So in January when I found out about my BM seeing someone else while she was living with me.. I was frustrated and mad because even though we weren't together at the time she was still living with me.. so I found a pic of them kissing as her screensaver.. and it hurt me pretty bad so I went off on her and kick her out.. a day later I decided to go to her work during lunch hr to apologize about my reaction the day before only to be suprised by him on the driver side on our car and pulled a 9mm to my face as soon as I pulled up..[ redacted] I completely ignored him but scared deep inside at the moment.. that pissed me off more cause she decided to move on with someone worse.. so I decided to file an assault report on him at that time without telling her.. the police told me it would take months for a response.. I finally got something in the mail from them to proceed today June 3rd.. should I still do it? I mean I think I still will but I want opinion from everyone else.. it ticked me off more knowing that he's already met my kids 2 times whenever she has them like.. how the hell does she let that happen after he pulled a gun on me the first time I caught them.. any advice?

What did "I went off on her" entail?

• Like 1

Dont know the full story, but sure sue file on him and ask protecting order and also for him not to be around the kids.

This is crazy .

You guys both from the streets?

You kick her out and your kids that day?😳😳😳

You need to man up now,worry about the kids.

She left you,its over.Worry about the kids. When u feel hurt ,miss her talk to your bff or parents about it and move on.

• Author

No I'm not from the streets. Never been about that life.. her new bf is though.. he's even got that tear drop tattoo on his left eye so honestly don't know what she saw in him but it is what it is.. no I kicked her out.. I worry about my girls only and we exchange our kids week to week. 

11 minutes ago, Cdot94 said:

he's even got that tear drop tattoo on his left eye . I worry about my girls. 

If she's with someone who appears to be a gang member/ex-con and brandishes guns, go to court for full custody and supervised visitation only. Report it and they'll throw his butt back in jail.

• Like 2

I'm no gang expert, but that teardrop tat is big bad news. I'd be looking to get custody of the children if that's the sort of person your ex associates with. I'd be careful about pushing ahead with a charge against a gang member.

• Author

I worry about that too because if he does get consequences or anything after I go forward.. I don't want him going after her or anything like that.. even though me and her didn't work out.. there is still feelings since shes my daughters' mom no matter what happened between us. 

• Thanks 1