Internet Addiction

It's not a real addiction but then again I don't think anything that is not chemical (booze, drugs etc) is a real addiction. 

You overcome it by self discipline & will power.  You also find something healthier to do.  When you feel like doing the bad thing, go for a run / walk; call a friend; read a book.  Just say No.  

• Author
luiscasabuena

I think there's addiction to anything. I'm not so sure about that but doing something too much without the ability to control yourself (plus you forget to do other more important and more leisurely activities) is something very wrong. 😐

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I know what you mean,

I have not been on here that much in the last couple of months,

I found it was keeping me up late and I was forgetting about the boxsets and movies I used to enjoy ,

takes a while to break a habit dont they say, once you get hooked takes a few weeks to shake it,

I think eventually you get tired though of too much of the same thing and say ok I need to do something different.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Addiction, to me, would involve missing out on social opportunities and posting on the internet instead.  I don't go as far as that, but there are times that I find myself rushing to get ready for other things because I've spent too much time on here.  I do feel just now that I've been spending too much time on here lately, and that I could & should be using that time more productively.

• Like 1