Says she hopes to start again? Also shows signs of moving on

Girlfriend of six years broke up with me a few weeks ago. I was so hurt I had to reach out to her. We talked some and I asked if she would meet up for a talk. I wanted to know why she went from wanting a baby to being so cold to me when she broke it off. At our talk she mentioned that she has hopes we can start over again someday but it won’t be any time soon. She also has mentioned and shows at times she has moved on. Kind of the woman she is but we have also split up before and got right back together. She can give mixed signals but this time I know she has lost feelings and that emotional attraction she had for me. I asked if she wanted to go to a bbq with me in two weeks and she said she would but just as friends. Again more mixed signals. Anyways, do I go into no contact until the bbq or try to contact her a couple times a week or just let it be? 

Let it be for now. It'll give you time to wrap your head around what's happening and process the break up. It sounds like you're still in shock and no clue why she broke up with you. Figure that out and see whether you want to be with a woman in the first place who takes off so suddenly. I think you are in denial.

• Author

Yes in denial. Got covid in December and had a hard time recovering. Then became busy with work and my daughter, she became busy as well and it was harder to see each other! 

ExpatInItaly

If this is the second break-up, I think it's time to realize that this relationship has run its course for her. 

Don't go to the BBQ with her. It will be too painful for you. 

10 hours ago, Livenow13 said:

Yes in denial. Got covid in December and had a hard time recovering. Then became busy with work and my daughter, she became busy as well and it was harder to see each other! 

Let it be then and don't contact her. This woman just wants to be your friend. If you still have feelings for her you'll be scattered and shattered when you see her and she doesn't reciprocate anything you wish to share or talk about. Too painful. 

I personally would not let someone back into my life after any hot/cold. It's unreliable, hurtful to others and really shows little consideration or care for anyone else. That kind of character is a major dealbreaker for me.

Think of yourself and your daughter who needs her dad too. 

Edited by glows
mark clemson
On 4/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, Livenow13 said:

At our talk she mentioned that she has hopes we can start over again someday but it won’t be any time soon. She also has mentioned and shows at times she has moved on.

Sounds like you are "plan B" after she tries with some other guy, in case it doesn't work out. Just a theory. Possibly she's the kind of person who has issues staying intimate/committed to someone, e.g. tendencies of certain personality disorders or avoidant attachment.

Sound like you are ready to "wake up" and see this for what it is (which is that it sounds very much like she's not good for a LTR with you, possibly not with anyone) and act accordingly.