I felt an ex's presence, odd

deepthinking

deepthinking

It was not much of a relationship. Just an on-line message exchange for a month, that ended up with me dissappointed that he was not that into me.

Or maybe I did mean something because last night my mind spontaneously re-played all the incidences of that month. I have sensed people around me, people who have passed on, but this perfect replay with details I had forgotten {stuff not worth remembering} has had me wondering. It lasted 5 minutes, just rolling through my mind. I got over him a long time ago and had forgotten him. So I cannot check anyything with him as I do not have his contact details.

So I am coping with something odd. Any thoughts?

Edited by deepthinking

Don't worry about it.  Your mind did a down load.  It's past.  No need to dwell

• Author
deepthinking
30 minutes ago, glows said:

I don't think so. Do you think you're under stress for other reasons or aren't coping well? 

not really, but even if i was, of all the people to think of, it is odd to be him, but the mind plays tricks

1 minute ago, deepthinking said:

not really, but even if i was, of all the people to think of, it is odd to be him, but the mind plays tricks

It's not uncommon to think of an ex in passing or in a dream. If it becomes too intense and troubling or you feel combined with other issues like lack of sleep, fatigue, if you're in pain or if there are any other issues, see your doctor. Otherwise, no I wouldn't think this is a big issue. Yes, the mind can play tricks! Stay busy and well, keep active both mentally and physically. It'll help you feel good about yourself and put things in perspective.

My ex-husband died in 2013 and I still see him in my dreams, actually I dreamt of him this week. I like to think he's watching over me.

• Author
deepthinking
5 hours ago, Gaeta said:

My ex-husband died in 2013 and I still see him in my dreams, actually I dreamt of him this week. I like to think he's watching over me.

I get that, but he was your husband not a month-long boyfriend, but i have had visits from exes who passed on. Maybe I meant more to the month-long guy than i knew.

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, have transient thoughts about things that are past.  I usually find that they had no more meaning than that.  I think things come to mind particularly if one is dealing with something stressful or overwhelming.  It's as if the brain has dug up something related to it to process but then that's it.  I dunno, maybe you will find some significance, maybe not.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 5:27 PM, deepthinking said:

I get that, but he was your husband not a month-long boyfriend, but i have had visits from exes who passed on. Maybe I meant more to the month-long guy than i knew.

Indeed. One of my shortest relationship was just month and a half, but it left a lasting impression on me like none other. It was years ago but I still dream about her.