Haven't had Starbucks in almost a year

Ever since the shutdown over the pandemic happened, I haven't gone to Starbucks.

I miss Starbucks cold drinks... and I'm sure they are safe but still, I wonder... so I refrain. I don't NEED to have it.

What are you thoughts on the safety and cleanliness of the cold drinks?

As someone who is quite cautious, I would say it’s low-risk, given that Covid-19 is airborne, not food borne, and isn’t primarily spread through surfaces. Especially if you order on the app for contactless pickup!

I get a latte for myself once a week. 😎 Dash in, dash out, enjoy!

Edited by Minneloa
  • Like 2
  • Author
7 minutes ago, Minneloa said:

As someone who is quite cautious, I would say it’s low-risk, given that Covid-19 is airborne, not food borne, and isn’t primarily spread through surfaces. Especially if you order on the app for contactless pickup!

I get a latte for myself once a week. 😎 Dash in, dash out, enjoy!

Yeah, I hear ya. 

Makes sense.

Occasionally one of our clients at work will bring in cold iced drinks for everyone and I've just politely refused. Probably being toooo cautious.

Ruby Slippers

I've been through the drive-through a few times because I had gift cards. I'm healthy, no issues. My homemade lattes are better, though 

Most grocery stores (at least where I live) have bottled Starbucks drinks.  Might not be the same as freshly made, but might be a good option.    

• Like 1

I've been able to get them most of the past year, because one of our grocery stores kept their Starbucks counter open. Target opened theirs at some point again, too. You can buy boxes of chai concentrate, to make with warm or cold milk (and add ice, too) if you like the iced chai. I find them in the tea and coffee section. You can also buy some of their cold coffees in bottles at the store. 

The drinks themselves are highly likely to be fine. Your greater risk is the interaction with those working there to pick up said drink.

That can be minimised by wearing your mask, going when it's quiet and minimising your time there. Drive through is your best bet (no drive through Starbucks here in Aus that I'm aware of!)

I'm very cautious about the virus, but I'm sure you can go to Starbucks and get a drink.  Just don't enter if it's crowded.  Stay 6 feet from people.  Make sure you and everyone else has their masks on, don't go in if there are people without masks.  As long as all those conditions are met, I think you can go get a drink.

There is no evidence of someone contracting COVID-19 from cold drinks (that I am aware of). If you are overly worried, you can always boil it and then wait for it to cool off.

In the Starbucks near where I live you can’t physically enter the store. The staff take your order and then give you your drink from the doorway.

Other coffee shops do usually allow one or two people to enter the shop, however you are not to drink in in any of them.