I'm wondering how I can fix my problem.

George Gracie

My relationship has had its up and downs but we get through them. I have overcame a lot of overthinking and problems. But there is one I just can’t seem to figure out. When I’m not around my girlfriend I sit and think to myself how much I love her and how happy she makes me. I literally can’t stop smiling. I’m smiling so hard it hurts. But when I’m around her it’s not the same. I’m happy but I don’t think to my self about how much I love her. But when we first got together I did. I smile but not as hard when I’m alone thinking about how much I love her. I was wondering what I should do and what this means. Me and my girlfriend have been together for almost three months.

• Author
George Gracie
1 minute ago, George Gracie said:

My relationship has had its up and downs but we get through them. I have overcame a lot of overthinking and problems. But there is one I just can’t seem to figure out. When I’m not around my girlfriend I sit and think to myself how much I love her and how happy she makes me. I literally can’t stop smiling. I’m smiling so hard it hurts. But when I’m around her it’s not the same. I’m happy but I don’t think to my self about how much I love her. But when we first got together I did. I smile but not as hard when I’m alone thinking about how much I love her. I was wondering what I should do and what this means. Me and my girlfriend have been together for almost three months.

Also I get these random burst of excitement when I’m by myself and I tell her how much I love her and how much she means to me. That has only happened once when I’m around her.

Sounds like your quiet young right? Means what it is as you explained. You miss her more when your away from her. 

Edited by Goodguy05
15 hours ago, George Gracie said:

. Me and my girlfriend have been together for almost three months.

12 weeks is enough time to figure out how you feel. It seems you're head over heels about the idea of having a GF but not too sure about this particular girl.

• Like 1
  • Author
George Gracie
1 hour ago, Goodguy05 said:

Sounds like your quiet young right? Means what it is as you explained. You miss her more when your away from her. 

Is there anything I should try doing. Or is this just normal and not a big deal. Because don’t get me wrong I love being around her.

• Like 1
  • Author
George Gracie
1 hour ago, Goodguy05 said:

I wouldn't overthink it mate just go with the flow and see where it goes 

Okay thank you so much 

• Like 1

I love my boyfriend by I don’t smile and think about how much I love him when we are together. I’m not sure why you think it’s a bad thing that you don’t do this...

What you have is first real hard love.  It is great, but if your relationship is to last, it has to turn into more mature feeling.  But the good thing, is you can remember your first love for someone, when things ruff.  Helps to keep you together.

• Thanks 1

Longing versus loving. 

When you're away from your girlfriend, you miss her, she dominates your thoughts, you crave her, you long for her. 

That longing feeling is powerful!  It's the reason many couples break up and then begin missing each other, longing for each and go back.  Then once back together, that longing is gone and the same feelings and issues that broke them up return.  So they break up again.  Rinse, repeat.

On the other hand, when you're with your girlfriend, you simply love her.  You are happy and content.  No longing for her, no missing her, she's right there with you. 

These two emotions can be a challenge to reconcile for some people.  I'm guilty of it too! 

They associate longing with loving and if they're not missing, craving, or obsessing, they wonder if that's normal and question their love, like you're doing now.

Just something to consider.  

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
  • Author
George Gracie
15 hours ago, poppyfields said:

Longing versus loving. 

When you're away from your girlfriend, you miss her, she dominates your thoughts, you crave her, you long for her. 

That longing feeling is powerful!  It's the reason many couples break up and then begin missing each other, longing for each and go back.  Then once back together, that longing is gone and the same feelings and issues that broke them up return.  So they break up again.  Rinse, repeat.

On the other hand, when you're with your girlfriend, you simply love her.  You are happy and content.  No longing for her, no missing her, she's right there with you. 

These two emotions can be a challenge to reconcile for some people.  I'm guilty of it too! 

They associate longing with loving and if they're not missing, craving, or obsessing, they wonder if that's normal and question their love, like you're doing now.

Just something to consider.  

Thank you so much.