I woke up August 15, 2019 at 4:30 am to go to the bathroom. When I stood up it felt like someone kicked me in the back of my head. There was no pain but I stumbled forward and almost fell. When I straightened up I had vertigo so severe I couldn’t walk unless I held onto the wall. 

I stayed like this for 2 weeks and finally got into an ENT. She diagnosed me with BPPV and sent me to physical therapy to cure my symptoms and said medication wouldn’t not help. 

I immediately went to PT and after the first day doing eipley maneuvers I was pretty nauseous. The second week my I went back and this time after the first attempt at this maneuver I got so sick I couldn’t sit up roll over stand. I had to call my husband to come get me. The PT told me that she believes that I actually have two types of vertigo BPPV and PPPD.  The first one can be fixed through the maneuver the second will always be there. 

The PT sent me for an MRI of my brain and ears to rule out tumors. The MRI came back clear. I continued with OT until I lost health insurance due to my husband changing jobs. The vertigo continued to get a little better and it was at least manageable. 

COVID happened and I could go see my PCP for a while. When I did she drew blood to check levels to see why I was still suffering from vertigo and prescribed me Meclizine. Everything was normal. 

all three medical professionals were confused when asking if I had a hard hit to the head, a recent concussion, no migraines, no strokes. Basically they are at a loss for why I have vertigo at all. 

here’s where is sucks. I had vertigo at the end of last year pretty bad. I did the Maneuver myself and it disappeared—like completely!! There were no triggers. Nothing!  I was so relieved and happy. But since I asked my husband for a divorce it’s slowly came back. This morning I am having a hard time functioning. I took a Meclizine and am waiting for it to kick in. 

between the stress of my failing marriage and my PCP taking me off my anxiety meds she put me on after I found out about my husband indiscretions this past august because I have having some neurological issues and she wants to see if the anxiety meds are causing it or if I need further neurological testing—she mentioned Parkinson’s. I’ve started the 3 day of no meds. So I figure this is probably the cause of the vertigo. Hopefully next week my tremors will be gone and I can start a new anxiety medication to help with the emotional turmoil happening. 

I am just curious if anyone here deals with vertigo and if you have any tips that might make my symptoms better?  I understand that you are not a medical doctor and I will research what your tips are before trying them. I am just desperate.   

ETA I am 41

Edited by QTpie123