OK, so pretending it's me that you want to message, hover over the B picture on my username.   Some options will appear, including an option to message me.

Something to note:  I hovered over the picture on your user name while writing down the steps and the 'message' option didn't show up.   I wonder if you've chosen to block messages previously?   You'd want to change your permissions if you wish to chat with anyone.

• Like 2

Yes, however you'll need to participate in the community for a bit and have been here for a while before getting access. You're already past that threshold, so that's not the issue.

5 hours ago, snowcones said:

If so, I can't find it.

You should see a little envelope icon at the top near your name to access private messages, however as @basil67 pointed out, if you've chosen to disable messages in the past, you'd need to reenable them. To do so, click on your name, select "Messages," and when prompted, make the approrpriate selection to reenable your private messages.

If you're still having difficulties, reach out to us!

Best,
Paul

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Happy Lemming
5 hours ago, hajk said:

Am I eligible to send DM?  I tried to follow the instructions above, but didn't see any "Messages" option.

You may want to check and see if you have your messenger disabled.  I'm not sure how to enable it. 

I tried to send you a test message and it failed.

42 minutes ago, hajk said:

@Happy Lemming thank you.  I checked my account settings, but didn't see where to enable messages. 

Have you tried the envelope icon nest to your profile name? Or clicking on the profile of the intended recipient?

• Thanks 1
On 1/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, Paul said:

Yes, however you'll need to participate in the community for a bit and have been here for a while before getting access. You're already past that threshold, so that's not the issue.

You should see a little envelope icon at the top near your name to access private messages, however as @basil67 pointed out, if you've chosen to disable messages in the past, you'd need to reenable them. To do so, click on your name, select "Messages," and when prompted, make the approrpriate selection to reenable your private messages.

If you're still having difficulties, reach out to us!

Best,
Paul

See above. 

7 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Have you tried the envelope icon nest to your profile name? Or clicking on the profile of the intended recipient?

Thanks @Wiseman2.  I tried to look for envelope icon next to my profile name or recipient name, but there is none.  I'm going to contact moderators directly for help.  Thank you!

poppyfields

hajk, if you click on a poster's username and open their profile, the envelope icon is located on the top middle of the page under their name and status (Member or Established Member).  Simply click and send your message, like you would an email.

I just saw it when I clicked on your profile, would you like me to send you a DM? As a test to see if you received?  

Edited by poppyfields

@poppyfields Thank you.  When I clicked on a member profile, I could see an envelope icon, however, when I clicked on the envelope icon, I got an error message "Sorry, there is a problem.  The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.  Error Code: 2S100/2".  I have contacted moderator and they said they have not seen this error code before and would look into this issue. 

Thank you for offering to send me a test message.  @Happy Lemming said in the thread above that he tried to send me a test message, but it failed.