What do avatar symbols mean?

Commongoal123

As the title suggests... does anyone know what the symbols embedded into someone's avatar next to their handle means?  For example, I have a "C" as an avatar because I haven't selected a photo.  However I have seen avatars, photo or not, have a smaller symbol embedded within them.  Such as a black circle with a hand in it with 2 fingers up?

Posters are given a basic avatar which is the first letter of their username.   Alternately, via their profile, they can upload an image of their choice.

• Author
Commongoal123

Like I wrote above, I understand that part.  However some avatars, regardless of a picture or not,, have a very small black circle in the bottom right of a hand with two fingers up.  And I am trying to understand what that is.

7 hours ago, Commongoal123 said:

Like I wrote above, I understand that part.  However some avatars, regardless of a picture or not,, have a very small black circle in the bottom right of a hand with two fingers up.  And I am trying to understand what that is.

Recently joined member.
See.

Hover over the hand symbol.  

• Author
Commongoal123
2 hours ago, elaine567 said:

Recently joined member.
See.

Hover over the hand symbol.  

Ah I understand now.  I use a phone mostly so I can't hover a cursor, but when on a computer I will give that a shot.  Thank you again.

Edited by Commongoal123
Typo
Happy Lemming

Can you go into your profile and edit your profile picture/avatar (from your phone)??

As a side note, be careful about pictures that are copyrighted.  My avatar is a barrel cactus from my yard taken with my digital camera, so I don't have to worry about someone coming back at me regarding "copyright infringement".