How often should you talk?

1 hour ago, ElizaR said:

Crazy when someone from the past pops back up. I went straight from him to the guy I was with 12yrs which is why we never had contact. 

Yes.  Just take it one day at a time and hopefully you'll have the opportunity to become better acquainted in person.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ElizaR said:

It's like one of those things where you just have always had a weakness for someone. Well he is mine 

I've been dealing with something similar, and we're on the outs again right now, for a few reasons. I like more contact, too, and he would be in contact almost every day, for a little while. I think he's as skittish as I am, but he was full-on wanting a relationship, when I was just wanting to get to know him again. I think we are just too different, but we go through phases in which we are on the same wavelength. I want some kind of contact every day, not constant, just an acknowledgement that I exist.

• Author
3 hours ago, Angelle said:

I've been dealing with something similar, and we're on the outs again right now, for a few reasons. I like more contact, too, and he would be in contact almost every day, for a little while. I think he's as skittish as I am, but he was full-on wanting a relationship, when I was just wanting to get to know him again. I think we are just too different, but we go through phases in which we are on the same wavelength. I want some kind of contact every day, not constant, just an acknowledgement that I exist.

Sounds a lot like us. Sometimes he is attentive and it's great then days later like he pulls back. It's really aggrevating. I did talk to him today and he will take an hr sometime to write back, then will text right back, then next one 30 mins. I feel like he sees them but doesn't respond for a while. It feels like games but then when we talk he acts like nothing. He's a naturally pretty quiet guy and I think if we were in person everything would be different.

I think if we continue to talk some I'm just going to have to be like if we see each other again we will and we may only talk about once a month. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ElizaR said:

. I did talk to him today and he will take an hr sometime to write back, then will text right back, then next one 30 mins. 

The best thing you can do is pull back from this and stop messaging this much.

When you sit by the phone with a stopwatch getting upset, it's time to reflect on communication styles and if you're compatible.

On a side note, no one likes  text-tethering, so there'll be pushback from that. 

Make sure someone is not thinking to themselves "ugh, what now". 

Give people space and room to breathe.

• Like 1
  • Author
On 1/1/2021 at 1:04 AM, Wiseman2 said:

The best thing you can do is pull back from this and stop messaging this much.

When you sit by the phone with a stopwatch getting upset, it's time to reflect on communication styles and if you're compatible.

On a side note, no one likes  text-tethering, so there'll be pushback from that. 

Make sure someone is not thinking to themselves "ugh, what now". 

Give people space and room to breathe.

I don't feel like I text constant. Lots of times I wait for him to text and sometimes I do but it will be days between. 

I just am not a mind reader when he is all in then 4 or so days later a change. I'm backing off though. 

• Thanks 1