Overseas online match confusion

Hi all 

Need people's perspective as I'm pretty sure there is some form of agenda behind this person's intentions. 

She's in Florida (U.S) I'm in Australia she is trans female btw wether that has any relevance. 

Matched on an online app for trans specifically. She had her location set as Australia however thru conversation i learn thru her telling me she is in Florida lol and she put that down as she wants to return here. I said I'm not interested as it's too far however something about her next sentence kind of made me curious she mentions how easily I gave up. I left it for a few days as she asked if I had WhatsApp i kinda suspect that thats a way for scammers to kind of get you away from the app as the app filters that kind of stuff better than WhatsApp would. 

Anyway after a day or two I give her my WhatsApp and we chat here and there thinking what's the harm if I just give her that nothing else. 

We do a video call so I see it's really her the same person as on her profile. 

I ask her her why she's looking for someone so far away it just doesn't add up for me. Her reasoning, American men are rude which I kinda don't really buy. After a 2 weeks of chatting she wants to know what we are lol and says love you again red flag for me..which I reply getting to know each other. She mentions here and there about how easy it is for her to come here once Covid is over. 

I notice her dating account gets suspended which I bring up and she is not too bothered by but then it's reinstated by the app again a few days later weird lol

I guess I've kinda just gone along with it just out of sheer curiousity to see what she wants or if it's agenda driven in some way.  She hasn't asked for money and claims she has her own lamp business in Florida. Her parents are from Singapore and Japan so I haven't thought yet to ask her visa status. It's low key chats don't go all night  and she just diaapears over the weekend and I'm not really head over heals or anything about her but just wanting to see what this is all about . We've been causally chatting for three weeks and I haven't given much away about me re personal stuff as I still feel it's possibly a scam but it's kind of a little grey wth the video chat..I've also done a reverse image on Google search and haven't come up with anything or anything suspicious. anyway what do u make of to this? Her no. Is a U.S no. Re country code. I just don't get the effort lol from her. I have noticed a lot of U.S profiles to that reach out to me that's why I'm suspicious.

Edited by Goodguy05

Well she wants to move back to Australia so why you is logical and it's also easily logical she doesn't like American men why not. People are different everywhere you either like things about them if you move there or you don't.  l'm not crazy about certain nationalities for different reasons and if l were single l wouldn't be interested so what , my choice.

As for legit though , it's all so vague there's nothing to go on l would've found plenty of ways of testing it by now for sure even if you video that's a good start get her to walk about show you round , do things , no not that kinda things just everyday things people do around the house ,  it'll also show it's her place and how she lives if it's real or even around whatever room she's in if she won't show you round check out what's around that, her shop , anything. Lots of things you could say and ask too and about how she disappears too l dunno , just dig about if you like her enough to bother.   Sounds scammish yeah but eh , maybe not if you don't dig you'll never know, just cover ya backside until you do.

Edited by Chilli

JMO - this is a waste of time. Maybe you have a pen pal in this person, but it's not a relationship. Suggest you recognize that and look for someone within a reasonable distance.

You can keep them as a "distant friend" but I don't think you should let it take time or emotion away from something tangible where you have SOME hope of being together regularly, knowing what else might be going on in their life, etc.