Seeing angel numbers when I think of them

Just for context I've had an on off emotional and slightly physical affair with a married woman who is now pregnant with her husbands baby, and I'm in a long term relationship with 2 kids (judge me its fine I'm used to it now after posting in another forum on here about it).  Currently we're in an off part of our relationship and just friends right now, who knows if that's it for ever or just for now.

Anyway enough rambling, like the title says literally everytime i look at the time when I'm thinking about them i see what people call angel numbers or double/ mirror numbers. I'm not going to lie, as much as we call ourselves friends I've had extremely strong feelings for her since the moment we met and she's the one who got me into all this spiritual stuff with the universe and numbers.

My question is this, is there anyone who reads these forums who knows about these numbers etc that can explain what it might mean seeing these numbers whenever shes on my mind?

I cant tell if its the universe or something telling me I'm where i need to be when I'm with her and to chase and not give up on her, or is it telling me to stay clear of her and straighten up my path?

All i know is when we talk or message each other, i always feel appreciated and that i can be anything and do anything i put my mind to. Which isn't exactly how i feel when I'm with my SO.....

Thanks in advance....

CautiouslyOptimistic

What do you mean by "seeing them?"  You mean you look at the clock and it's 11:11 or 2:22 or see the numbers on a road sign or something?

• Author
1 minute ago, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

What do you mean by "seeing them?"  You mean you look at the clock and it's 11:11 or 2:22 or see the numbers on a road sign or something?

Yea like i said in the post, everytime i look at the time on my phone i see it. Or there are times where I'll be in walking around and I'll think of them and I'll see like 1111 or 1212 or something repetitive . Like this morning i was waiting for the underground and i thought i wonder how they're getting on and i see the time is 08:08. But then there are other time I'll be thinking of them romantically and see 11.11 or something. Its not all the time i see these when thinking about them. But its just whenever i do see them its always while this person is on my mind 

CautiouslyOptimistic
1 minute ago, Bear1987 said:

But its just whenever i do see them its always while this person is on my mind 

Is she ever NOT on your mind?

• Thanks 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

Maybe it means she having twins.

That's all I got....numerology and affairs aren't my jam.

• Author
Just now, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

Maybe it means she having twins.

That's all I got....numerology and affairs aren't my jam.

Tbf we do joke about her possibly having twins a lot but this is something that has been going on for longer than her getting pregnant....

All good i just wondered if someone might have some insight as i find it odd its only when she's at the front of my mind

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Bear1987 said:

Tbf we do joke about her possibly having twins a lot but this is something that has been going on for longer than her getting pregnant....

All good i just wondered if someone might have some insight as i find it odd its only when she's at the front of my mind

I have a theory about those "angel numbers." It's not the universe telling you anything about your relationship or your fantasizing about that woman you had an affair with. It's a case of psychological projection. You believe in angel numbers, so you associate those as a "sign" from the universe, because of your own confirmation bias. Your confirmation bias being that double numbers have spiritual meaning for you. I have a friend who constantly posts on her FB news feed, those double numbers or 3 same numbers and then follows it up with a "I saw these numbers and this is what happened afterward" post. We create meaning for ourselves in so many different ways. We create religious belief systems to help us justify the randomness that is the universe. We create government systems to justify means of social control. We create political systems to justify means of geographical and economical and other forms of societal control. Spiritual numbers: it's what you believe. So, if you think those numbers mean something to you, then I'm sure they do.

No one can predict what she's thinking about or will do after she has her baby or babies. The only person you can control is yourself. What do you want to do?

Edited by Watercolors
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bear1987 said:

All i know is when we talk or message each other, i always feel appreciated and that i can be anything and do anything i put my mind to. Which isn't exactly how i feel when I'm with my SO.....

This has nothing to do with angel numbers. This has everything to do with you not satisfied in your current relationship and that you are more attracted to this other woman who is unavailable to you since she's with someone else. You two are having an affair online. So, that's why she's always at the forefront of your mind. You are distracting yourself from your misery with your current girlfriend, by investing emotionally in this other woman. When what you should do, is just break up with your girlfriend and be alone and figure out what you really want from a significant other.

• Author
5 hours ago, Watercolors said:

I have a theory about those "angel numbers." It's not the universe telling you anything about your relationship or your fantasizing about that woman you had an affair with. It's a case of psychological projection. You believe in angel numbers, so you associate those as a "sign" from the universe, because of your own confirmation bias. Your confirmation bias being that double numbers have spiritual meaning for you. I have a friend who constantly posts on her FB news feed, those double numbers or 3 same numbers and then follows it up with a "I saw these numbers and this is what happened afterward" post. We create meaning for ourselves in so many different ways. We create religious belief systems to help us justify the randomness that is the universe. We create government systems to justify means of social control. We create political systems to justify means of geographical and economical and other forms of societal control. Spiritual numbers: it's what you believe. So, if you think those numbers mean something to you, then I'm sure they do.

No one can predict what she's thinking about or will do after she has her baby or babies. The only person you can control is yourself. What do you want to do?

Thanks but i get the feeling you saw the words "angel numbers" and went nope this is BS and i must make my point. Why even click on this post or the category if you're a nonbeliever who feels that way? Just live and let live? I'd consider myself an atheist borderline agnostic because at the end of the day as much as i dont believe in god or anything spiritual, bit i wouldn't go out my way to denounce someone's beliefs or what i assume is their belief.... I just find it hard to deny at times that there might not be something to it. Especially as i was noticing these things before i even heard of the term angel numbers. I just thought "oh that's cool its a double number" but it was only after looking into if there was anything to these numbers that i found out what they were called and that their supposed to have meaning. I'm not projecting anything as i still dont necessarily know if there is anything to them. BUT the point of my post was literally asking those who believe in these numbers and what not if theres anything to it i.e. would they consider it a positive thing that its only when I'm around her or msging/thinking of her that i notice it, and continue to be around this person in some way, who (despite the relationship not always being appropriate) is one of my best friends who's always been there for me since we met. Or would they consider it a sign that its the opposite as from what i understand they're supposed to be signs to say you're on the right path or what have you

• Author
5 hours ago, Watercolors said:

This has nothing to do with angel numbers. This has everything to do with you not satisfied in your current relationship and that you are more attracted to this other woman who is unavailable to you since she's with someone else. You two are having an affair online. So, that's why she's always at the forefront of your mind. You are distracting yourself from your misery with your current girlfriend, by investing emotionally in this other woman. When what you should do, is just break up with your girlfriend and be alone and figure out what you really want from a significant other.

Well its not just online to be fair, but all the same shes not always at forefront of my mind. But when i do see them it happens when we chat or are together....

Like i said in another reply its not all the time when im thinking about her that i see them. Its just when i do see them I'm thinking about her at the time. And because I've been told these numbers are supposed to be a positive thing like telling you good things are coming or you're on the right path etc, i wondered if that might be true for this scenario too.

Not asking if it means we'll be together forever one day or anything delusional like that, just wanted to know from someone who believes in these numbers or whatever, what they think it might mean

FWIW I think the fact that you're seeing these "when you are thinking of them" may be a form of Jungian synchronicity (aka meaningful coincidence). To me that would suggest the current time in your life is particularly important to your "individuation"/growth as a person. Exactly what specific significance these numbers have for you isn't anything I could even guess at as I don't know you or your circumstances, etc. It's possible the current time in your life is a sort of bifurcation where you will either be on one "main path" of life circumstances or another, depending on how things play out. That however is a general statement based on the above, nothing specific, as again I wouldn't know specifics.

IF you really wanted to explore this you could seek out what's known as a Depth Psychologist (if you can find one, they're pretty rare from what I understand) and seek their help. However, it might make just as much sense to continue working on figuring it out yourself as ultimately (at least in my experience) the meaning these sorts of things take on is deeply personal.

I would note that, given that your AP is pregnant, this might be a good and logical time to overcome your feelings and cut bait on this affair, as discovery of it would potentially risk dramatically impacting the child's life + she is probably VERY unlikely to voluntarily leave her partner with a new child.

Edited by mark clemson
  • Like 2
major_merrick

The number thing is psychological projection, as others have said.  I wouldn't worry about it, and definitely wouldn't take it as a sign. 

At one point I watched this movie called The Exorcism of Emily Rose.  In that movie, characters waking up at 3am is a major plot device.  If you like a sound night's sleep, I don't recommend the film.  The funny thing is, after my friends and I watched the film, several of us woke up that night at precisely 3:00am!  The brain can be a strange thing.... and human brains seem to like messing with numbers. 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Bear1987 said:

Thanks but i get the feeling you saw the words "angel numbers" and went nope this is BS and i must make my point. Why even click on this post or the category if you're a nonbeliever who feels that way? Just live and let live? I'd consider myself an atheist borderline agnostic because at the end of the day as much as i dont believe in god or anything spiritual, bit i wouldn't go out my way to denounce someone's beliefs or what i assume is their belief.... I just find it hard to deny at times that there might not be something to it. Especially as i was noticing these things before i even heard of the term angel numbers. I just thought "oh that's cool its a double number" but it was only after looking into if there was anything to these numbers that i found out what they were called and that their supposed to have meaning. I'm not projecting anything as i still dont necessarily know if there is anything to them. BUT the point of my post was literally asking those who believe in these numbers and what not if theres anything to it i.e. would they consider it a positive thing that its only when I'm around her or msging/thinking of her that i notice it, and continue to be around this person in some way, who (despite the relationship not always being appropriate) is one of my best friends who's always been there for me since we met. Or would they consider it a sign that its the opposite as from what i understand they're supposed to be signs to say you're on the right path or what have you

I'm an Atheist too but that doesn't mean I don't believe in other things. I believe every human being has an intuition and a soul. But I do not equate the intution or the soul to an higher power. I do not believe in angels or angel numbers. I believe that human beings are extremely fascinating super computers with legs. The more science uncovers the more fascinated I become. For example, did you know that religion is literally a brain secretion? Scientists discovered that the human brain is literally wired for belief systems. That our brains evolved to believe in higher powers aka gods. And religious belief excretes a hit of dopamine everytime the religious person thinks about God or their faith. And there are 4200 religions on earth. Also, religious belief causes brain shrinkage, aka "hippocampal atrophy" according to Scientific American.

I wasn't responding to your post to insult your belief in angel numbers. I was interested in it because of the context; how you equate an extraneous source as having influence over your choices. If you are an Atheist, how did you come to believe in Angel Numbers? I'm not denouncing your belief, just trying to genuinely understand it.

• Author
1 hour ago, Watercolors said:

I'm an Atheist too but that doesn't mean I don't believe in other things. I believe every human being has an intuition and a soul. But I do not equate the intution or the soul to an higher power. I do not believe in angels or angel numbers. I believe that human beings are extremely fascinating super computers with legs. The more science uncovers the more fascinated I become. For example, did you know that religion is literally a brain secretion? Scientists discovered that the human brain is literally wired for belief systems. That our brains evolved to believe in higher powers aka gods. And religious belief excretes a hit of dopamine everytime the religious person thinks about God or their faith. And there are 4200 religions on earth. Also, religious belief causes brain shrinkage, aka "hippocampal atrophy" according to Scientific American.

I wasn't responding to your post to insult your belief in angel numbers. I was interested in it because of the context; how you equate an extraneous source as having influence over your choices. If you are an Atheist, how did you come to believe in Angel Numbers? I'm not denouncing your belief, just trying to genuinely understand it.

Its not that i believe in them, its more that they kept showing up and i thought i wonder if there's a name for these numbers and what the meanings behind them are supposed to be.... I'd seen a few people post stuff like 11:11 on insta stories and the like but never really understood what that was about until i looked it up and tbh i still think that's a pretty daft thing to post. But each to their own.

But like I say its not necessarily a belief more that it seems to be a pretty damn good coincidence that the only time i see these numbers is when I'm thinking of her. Which is why i wondered if anyone had some idea what it meant spiritually because I don't believe in coincidences. Thats not to say i believe in predestination, although if its true that we only perceive time linearly because we dont live in a 5 dimensional world, but in fact all events have already happened at some point in time and it only feels like we're traveling along this linear time path because thats the only only way to experience it in a 3 dimensional world. Meaning technically predestination is real so its hard to argue with that. I'd tried googling why it might me that i witness this when shes on my mind and no other time, but came up with nothing

27 minutes ago, Bear1987 said:

Its not that i believe in them, its more that they kept showing up and i thought i wonder if there's a name for these numbers and what the meanings behind them are supposed to be.... I'd seen a few people post stuff like 11:11 on insta stories and the like but never really understood what that was about until i looked it up and tbh i still think that's a pretty daft thing to post. But each to their own.

But like I say its not necessarily a belief more that it seems to be a pretty damn good coincidence that the only time i see these numbers is when I'm thinking of her. Which is why i wondered if anyone had some idea what it meant spiritually because I don't believe in coincidences. Thats not to say i believe in predestination, although if its true that we only perceive time linearly because we dont live in a 5 dimensional world, but in fact all events have already happened at some point in time and it only feels like we're traveling along this linear time path because thats the only only way to experience it in a 3 dimensional world. Meaning technically predestination is real so its hard to argue with that. I'd tried googling why it might me that i witness this when shes on my mind and no other time, but came up with nothing

Well, the lens I view the world through (one of the main ones) is science. And, there is a whole science behind "coincidence." I can't be someone to provide you with a spiritual explanation so I would direct you to the internet where there are gobs and gobs of spiritual blogs from mediums about the spiritual meaning of double numbers.

In the 1950s, Carl Jung created "the synchronicity theory" to explain coincidences. And in 2015, a study published in the New Ideas of Psychology Journal reports that coincidences are just the consequence of the human mind searching for a causal structure in reality; a mechanism used by the human brain to help us learn and adapt to the external variables of our environments around us. Simply put: we create meaning to explain the environment around us; to comfort ourselves so that we don't freak out and panic from the chaos and disorder around us. The human brain ascribes meaning to everything as a survival mechanism, to provide ourselves with solace and consolation. And, research further goes on to note that its only religious or spiritual people who are more likely to experience "coincidences" than other people.

So if its really bothering you to know why you see those double numbers every time you think of your affair partner, hit the internet for those spiritual number blogs as they explain the religious significance. Since it seems like you're not interested in a scientific explanation despite your Atheist belief system, but rather, you are needing someone who is spiritual to confirm to you that you are seeing double numbers when you think of your affair partner as a signal from the higher realms. I don't know if this post helps you but I tried.

If you believe in it, it's supposed to be a message from your spirit guide.  Each of the combinations have a different meaning (easily found by googling).  So if it's important to you, try to figure out what the particular meaning is at the moment - what were you just thinking just before you saw the numbers.  

I would warn you to consider all sides of the issue though, not just the side that leads you to think you should hold out hope that you will be with this woman.  The messages may be telling you to let go.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, FMW said:

If you believe in it, it's supposed to be a message from your spirit guide.  Each of the combinations have a different meaning (easily found by googling).  So if it's important to you, try to figure out what the particular meaning is at the moment - what were you just thinking just before you saw the numbers.  

I would warn you to consider all sides of the issue though, not just the side that leads you to think you should hold out hope that you will be with this woman.  The messages may be telling you to let go.  

+1. That's all I was trying to say too but you said it better! Go, FMW!

Read up on  "magical thinking". It may be time to see a doctor/ therapist

.In psychiatry, magical thinking is a disorder of thought content. It denotes the false belief that one's thoughts, actions, or words will cause or prevent a specific consequence in some way that defies commonly understood laws of causality.

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 1

The simple explanation for this is covered by the spiritual law:
- Seek and you will find. Knock and the door shall be opened. Ask and it shall be given to you. 
- You shall decree something - and it will be established unto you.
- Believe and you shall receive
(what people sometimes call the law of attraction)

Angel numbers are in my opinion - kind of trivial side effects of these spiritual laws. My guess is you had never heard of nor noticed this patterned numbers - until she introduced you to the idea. I think you said that in your first post right. So she has basically planted a "belief" seed so to speak.Then suddenly you noticed one when thinking about her. Then you noted this - maybe even commented on it. Then the same phenomena began to happen more regularly and frequently. The law works kind of like a boulder rolling down a hill - its starts with very little momentum. Just an idea, belief or suggestion. But once you get the first instance occur - and notice and comment on it - then its more likely to happen again - and the momentum behind the belief begins to grow. Which makes you notice and comment on it more - which makes them appear more. etc etc. Pretty soon that boulder is going full steam ahead and like you said - every time you think of this woman its 11:11 or 3:33. 

But whats happening isn't angels or even magic. Its just your own words and beliefs projecting the phenomena into the world and making it manifest. Law of attraction. While I ultimately think things like Angel numbers are kind of pointless - they do work as good "teaching aid" for those new to spiritual teachings. Because it helps them to understand how your words and beliefs can cause external events to manifest in a very real way. They get to actually experience it. It breaks the old way of purely logical scientific thinking - and they can actually see the reality of this law for themselves. And the more energy you put behind the belief - the stronger / more frequently it will manifest. You can then use this to learn to harness the law for much more positive things like.projecting positive (blessings) over your life or other peoples lives and having them start to manifest similar to your angel numbers. 

For example - I'm really lucky - I don't get pulled over by the police - even if I'm speeding or run a light by accident - I never get fined. 
I'm really lucky I never get sick or injured - even when colds flus or virus like corona are going around I never catch it. 
I always get luckly breaks. Even if something initially seems like a negative - it always magically turns out to be for my benefit. 
I always have more then enough money - just always have and always will. 

You get the point - you start to use the words and beliefs to create things that are more beneficial then patterned numbers.

Lastly - I don't wish to judge you in anyway shape or form. But I do wish to offer you advice to help you - the woman your seeing - and the other partners involved. If you continue looking into spirituality the core underlying law is: Do to others as you would have them do to you. 

Again I don't tell you this to judge - I say it to hopefully help you avoid a lot of painful repercussions down the road as you navigate the current circumstance. Think about the father of the child that the woman is carrying. Think about how you would feel in the same shoes. Think about the amount of emotional pain and hurt it would cause to him - and to your own partner. Now ask yourself if you want to have that "karmic" energy come back to you further down this path we call life.  Life sometimes sends us tests - some of these can be very seductive  and appealing even though we know they are wrong. When we make the right choice - even when its hard - instead of creating bad karma - we create good karma - life has a way of rewarding this. 

Wish you the best. 

Edited by Curious-Sam
  • Like 5
Justanaverageguy
On 11/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, Curious-Sam said:

Lastly - I don't wish to judge you in anyway shape or form. But I do wish to offer you advice to help you - the woman your seeing - and the other partners involved. If you continue looking into spirituality the core underlying law is: Do to others as you would have them do to you. 

I say it to hopefully help you avoid a lot of painful repercussions down the road as you navigate the current circumstance.  Think about the amount of emotional pain and hurt it would cause to him - and to your own partner. Now ask yourself if you want to have that "karmic" energy come back to you further down this path we call life.  Life sometimes sends us tests - some of these can be very seductive  and appealing even though we know they are wrong. When we make the right choice - even when its hard - instead of creating bad karma - we create good karma - life has a way of rewarding this. 

Good advice. I would go one step further then this. Based on what the OP has stated with the weird synchronicities,  angel numbers, the overwhelming feelings of attraction and how amazing  and empowered and loved he feels when he talks to her.  (A woman in a situation who any clear headed man really shouldn't be attracted to. A woman pregnant with the child of another man) This to me has all the hallmarks of what would be classified in spirituality or literature as a "femme fatale" or "siren" situation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femme_fatale

A "Femme Fatale" is archetype which basically describes spirits using a beautiful woman to enchant a man into committing a grievous sin - which causes his destruction. The most common and well known example is the beautiful sirens who call Odysseus in the Greek Epic: Homers Odyssey. The beautiful sirens on the rocks sing to lure passing male sailors to death and destruction  by the sweetness of their song. As with all greek literature its a metaphor and basically speaks of a spiritual "enchantment" being placed on a man to lure him into sinful / immoral actions with a beautiful or alluring woman and cause his destruction.  Usually as in your case by the sin of Adultery. Though I have to say yours is a really extreme case. Its designed to inflict maximum damage with not only adultery but the woman your being enticed to pursue is pregnant with another mans child. Basically its designed to cause maximum pain to other people involved and there by inflict maximum damage to you spiritually. You might also refer to this simply as a "Honey Trap" like what Russian KGB was famous for using. Using beautiful women to lure targets into compromising positions so they can then destroy them or assert power and control over them. 

Now when I say this I'm not insinuating this woman is an evil spirit or something. She's likely not aware of any of this - but she is being used as the "bait" so to speak. I honestly suggest you go and watch a quick video on Odysseus and how he dealt with the sirens. His male sailors stuck wax in their ears to block out the call of the beautiful sirens and Odysseus himself was tied to the mast of the ship to restrain him and ensure he resisted the urge to go to them. 😅 But seriously - follow his example. Resist the overwhelming allure. Bind yourself and block your ears to her call. Only destruction awaits in following that path. That path sees your ship crashed and doomed upon the rocks. Sail past her my friend - and the enchantment will fade.

Edited by Justanaverageguy
  • Like 2
On 11/3/2020 at 1:42 AM, Bear1987 said:

Why even click on this post or the category if you're a nonbeliever who feels that way? Just live and let live? I'd consider myself an atheist borderline agnostic because at the end of the day as much as i dont believe in god or anything spiritual, bit i wouldn't go out my way to denounce someone's beliefs or what i assume is their belief....

People can comment and agree or disagree politely on any of the public forums.

Regarding 'angel numbers' I am not an atheist ( though I have my own ideas about 'religion' ) but what I do experience is when things subconsciously are affecting me suddenly there are co-incidences all around me, I call it 'the universe is trying to tell me something'!

Sometimes it's positive and has lead me to make happy changes or accept difficulties, but a couple of times in life I've become hyper-religious/superstitious which I now consider to be part of my anxiety disorder/mental illness which was finally 'diagnosed' @ 4 years ago. I channel it in healthy ways for me, music and my work.

I've always felt I have a guardian angel, one of my earliest memories is being about four or five and having an intense spiritual experience. I don't over-interpret it, but it did teach me to appreciate joy, nature and beauty, which has stayed with me 50 years...