Why sooo many adverts?

On this site? It makes the browsing experience so tedious.

Click on a forum, big advert banner at the top.

Advert popping up as a top sidebar, needs to be closed all the time.

Click on a topic, opens an advert first which needs to be closed, then topic loads.

So frustrating having to constantly close an advert EVERY single time click on a topic!!!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mystery4u said:

Click on a topic, opens an advert first which needs to be closed, then topic loads.

So frustrating having to constantly close an advert EVERY single time click on a topic!!!

Maybe it's like TV, the ads give you time to get some popcorn? 🍿📺

Hi Mystery4u,

The ads you see help defray some of the operational costs of keeping LoveShack.org online. This community is a labor of love for us, and without the support of our sponsors,  would be prohibitively expensive to keep online. Most of the time, the income we receive from ads are insufficient to cover the full cost of keeping the lights on.

If you'd like to pitch in and help out, we have Premium Subscriptions available that, as a token of our thanks for helping directly support the community, will give you an ad-free experience. You can learn more about those here.

We don't want the advertising to be burdensome though, and as we've recently upgraded the design of the community, there may be some fluctuations as the right balance is sorted out with placement and frequency. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out privately if you're seeing something particularly disruptive and include a screenshot if you can.

Best,
Paul

• 1 month later...
Ruby Slippers

I just wish they'd stop showing me the same ad for the Magic Bra over and over and over. I'm never, ever going to buy a Magic Bra. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I visited the site on my phone, for the first time, and I see what someone meant by all of the pictures. It was like instagram, leading to threads or forums. 

• Like 1

Nothing is free 🙂 

I always get annoyed with my local online paper.  I have a fully paid subscription but still have to deal with a lot of ads (the subscription just lets me avoid all the "marketing surveys" before reading a story).  But I do understand they have to pay the bills and I guess the subscriptions don't quite do the job.  

I think we all got spoiled for several years of getting free + ad-free experiences on the internet.  

2 hours ago, Ruby Slippers said:

I just wish they'd stop showing me the same ad for the Magic Bra over and over and over.

Are you able to click on a little X in the corner and choose "don't show me this ad again"? I have that option on the ones on my newspaper website.  

• Like 1