Ex contacting through mutual friend

Apparently my ex has tried to talk to me through a mutual friend. We have been in NC for almost 3 weeks now. Today he started texting me from a mutual friend's account. I did tell him that i know he is texting me from that account and after that he did not respond. 

Now what should I do? Should I try to talk to mutual friend or let it be and wait for him to come? 

Just now, Emmmaaa said:

Apparently my ex has tried to talk to me through a mutual friend. We have been in NC for almost 3 weeks now. Today he started texting me from a mutual friend's account. I did tell him that i know he is texting me from that account and after that he did not respond. 

Now what should I do? Should I try to talk to mutual friend or let it be and wait for him to come? 

What was the breakup about? How do you both know this mutual friend?  Why would a friend allow him to catfish you through their account? Is he blocked/deleted from your social media and/or messaging apps?

Do you want to reconcile?

• Author
25 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

What was the breakup about? How do you both know this mutual friend?  Why would a friend allow him to catfish you through their account? Is he blocked/deleted from your social media and/or messaging apps?

Do you want to reconcile?

We had a fight and he was the one to say not to talk anymore. All of were together like class mates and we were all good friends. Nope he is not blocked from anywhere he can contact me anytime he wants to. 

What do u suggest I should do? Should I talk to him or the mutual friend or let it be? 

21 minutes ago, Emmmaaa said:

We had a fight and he was the one to say not to talk anymore. All of were together like class mates and we were all good friends. Nope he is not blocked from anywhere he can contact me anytime he wants to. 

What do u suggest I should do? Should I talk to him or the mutual friend or let it be? 

Ignore him if he lacks the courage to contact you directly. 

• Author
9 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ignore him if he lacks the courage to contact you directly. 

So you are suggesting that I should let him come directly and do u think it's a good idea to talk to that mutual friend?? 

Don't get a friend involved in this breakup drama. If it was him who contacted you by catfishing, consider blocking him and all his people as well as this "friend" from all your social media and messaging apps

Do you want to talk to your EX?  If so, reach out & say something along the lines of "I know it was you texting me from [friend's] account.  If you want to talk to me, just text me directly.  There's no need to play games."  Then see what he does. 

If you don't want to talk to him, block him.  Then tell the friend to not allow the EX to use the friend's account to pester you.  If the friend does not comply, block the friend too.  

ExpatInItaly
17 hours ago, Emmmaaa said:

So you are suggesting that I should let him come directly and do u think it's a good idea to talk to that mutual friend?? 

No, don't involve third parties in this. 

On 8/17/2020 at 4:53 PM, Emmmaaa said:

Do you want him contacting you? Does this mutual friend know this?

You need to tell your mutual friend to stay out of your business--and you need to tell him that, not wait for him to appear.

Block the mutual friend's number--they're showing you that they're not as close a friend to you as they are to him.