Feeling pretty good

mortensorchid

I have dropped about 20-25lbs since restarting my diet in February.  I pulled out the Bob Harper DVDs of strength training and doing them.  I feel great and am hoping to drop another few pounds here and there.  You can never be too rich or too thin as they say.  My next goal is to meet Jared Leto on Mars Island next year in the Agean Sea.  Look it up on the 30 Seconds to Mars website.

And as usual, to meet The One.  I must never loose hope that it can and will happen someday even though I am 45 and feel too old.

• Like 7
Ruby Slippers

You go, girl! That's a major accomplishment. You're never too old and it's never too late 😊

regine_phalange

Many people think that the 40ies is the most productive age of a person, so it's not old at all! Great results, I'm curious what diet are you following?

• Like 1

Not too old. I got slim and fit after 50, and had two great LTR since. Single again now, but loving it, and looking forward to my next chapter!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We are trying to lose weight with my husband, according to Volikov's test, we both have enough will, so we decided to stop being lazy and take up health! Useful products help out

• 1 month later...

Intermittent fasting is my favorite way to lose weight. It's all about timing of what you eat. Congrats on your weight loss, OP. And fyi, 45 is not old. I'm 49 and I don't feel "old" yet. 

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease
On 7/28/2020 at 9:51 PM, mortensorchid said:

I have dropped about 20-25lbs since restarting my diet in February.  I pulled out the Bob Harper DVDs of strength training and doing them.  I feel great and am hoping to drop another few pounds here and there.  You can never be too rich or too thin as they say.  My next goal is to meet Jared Leto on Mars Island next year in the Agean Sea.  Look it up on the 30 Seconds to Mars website.

And as usual, to meet The One.  I must never loose hope that it can and will happen someday even though I am 45 and feel too old.

Way to go, mortensorchid!

And you are never too old! My mom married her second husband at the age of 74 and her third at the age of 89!  My grandfather married his second wife at the age of 93 or 94. 

6 minutes ago, Watercolors said:

Intermittent fasting is my favorite way to lose weight. It's all about timing of what you eat. Congrats on your weight loss, OP. And fyi, 45 is not old. I'm 49 and I don't feel "old" yet. 

Yes to intermittent fasting, Watercolors! I fast one day a week and try to do intermittent the other days but don't really stick with it. However, after fasting for 40-42 hours (6 p.m.-6 p.m. then not eating until the next morning at from 10-12 a. m.) I don't feel like eating much that first day.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LivingWaterPlease said:

Yes to intermittent fasting, Watercolors! I fast one day a week and try to do intermittent the other days but don't really stick with it. However, after fasting for 40-42 hours (6 p.m.-6 p.m. then not eating until the next morning at from 10-12 a. m.) I don't feel like eating much that first day.

Two years ago when I started IF, I lost about 70 Ibs in a year. And I wasn't doing anything crazy workout-wise. I just went for walks. But I only ate at specific times, either from 8 to 4 or 9 to 5 p.m. and stopped eating after. At first it was hard to stop eating after 5 p.m. because I would snack up until 10 p.m. but once I stopped snacking after 5 p.m., I felt a lot better. I would drink tea or decaf coffee at night if i really needed something caloric. Plus, I sleep better and don't have the indigestion or acid reflux problems since i stopped snacking so late at night. 

• Like 2