Recovering from coronavirus

@ellener. How long will you feel sick before you use your healthcare.gov plan? At least talk to a doctor as clia asked about ;) (yes, I'm ganging up on you)

• Like 1
  • Author

I know intellectually you are right, but you probably don't understand how difficult it is to live with mental illness/panic disorder.

It took me three months to go outside normally after Harvey.

It feels like a heart attack having a panic attack, I think that's why I dealt with the Covid, I used some of the beta blocker pills and kept me calm. The people who die here are dying of heart complications.

But I didn't go out, I wore a mask and only saw 2 friends for months outdoors after the pandemic was declared and I still got sick. 79000 people have tested positive in Houston.

No doctor ever fixed me of these weird phobias, but they told me it also gave me all these gifts like performing and composing and poetry. So I am grateful.

Anyway, I am going to try to go out again tomorrow, my son says he's going to come see me now I'm out of quarantine.

I'm having flash backs to Harvey, the emergency room is close to my home and there have been helicopters coming in 24/7 the last 2 days. That's how it was for the flooding.

^^^ We love you and want you to be healthy, both physically and mentally.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Ellener. Let us know how you are doing. If you are on Holiday then pick up a few rays for me. 

• Like 1

I’m not on here a lot, but I hope you are feeling much better soon.

It’s scary that you got sick even though you did everything right.

Hope your feeling much better now @ellener! ☀️

It looks like Ellener hasn't been on the boards since July 31!  She was a pretty regular poster.  I hope she's OK. 

• Like 1

I've been in touch with Ellener. She's okay but expects to be away from LS for a few weeks as she 'gets back to the grind'. No surprise that she sends love to us all.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks NS et al. I am dealing with life as best I can- which is all any of us can do! And yes, love to all, one thing I don't think anyone regrets is to have lived a life filled with love. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Ellener, Kia kaha! (Stay strong) I’ve missed seeing your posts here. I’m glad to hear that you’re getting better, & doing your best. Much aroha (love) from the other side of the world. 

I can’t believe you have 79000 cases in your area!!! We have 130 active cases and a total of 1330 cases in total. Population 5 million. I’m testing for flu and covid every day, I have yet to see a case of the flu this “flu season” it’s bizarre! 

I look at my international friends, especially in the USA and UK and really feel for them, we’re truly blessed to live here and have a decent health system. I feel honoured to be a part of that system and proud to have been a part of the 700,000 odd tests that have been done here. 

I wish I could test you! 

• Like 1
On 8/23/2020 at 5:14 PM, Ellener said:

Thanks NS et al. I am dealing with life as best I can- which is all any of us can do! And yes, love to all, one thing I don't think anyone regrets is to have lived a life filled with love. 

You are brave - thank you for sharing your experience.

I am curious to know how you feel both physically and emotionally at this point. What do you feel has changed in the last few months, and in terms of mental health, how much would you say is your very unique experience of dealing with the virus and post-infection aftermath versus, say, the effects of being quarantined and dealing with disruption, which we all are dealing with to some degree.

Sorry, I know I'm asking a lot, but it's not every day we get a chance to speak with someone who's actually had the virus. Post when you can, and all the best of luck in your recovery.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks everyone for kindness.

I am recovered from pneumonia, now to recover my sanity ( only half-joking there! ) and my business. Houston is struggling, so many people here get ZERO or almost-zero  'benefits', which means they can't take advantage of Trump's FEMA unemployment extension help, which requires entitlement of $100 a week, by the end of the year we will have a huge number of evictions and homeless.

And hungry. The schools are already feeding the children...thank goodness. Crime increase is inevitable though and already happening. We have really good local disaster-management-experienced government here in the city so they are already planning how to house/feed/support a mass influx of our displaced people. The state governor has been very good but found he cannot both support the people and the party line...

Without a home people make different choices; without food or health-care people live in a different world.

Empathy is everything in these times. 

Kia-kaha...thank you @mrs rubble Love-strength is exactly what we need right now.

As I write we have a tropical storm maybe hurricane lingering in the Gulf of Mexico nearby. Let's see what tomorrow brings. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1