People traveling cross county to avoid appt only services

This is VERY interesting. 

A friend of mine works for a certain county tag office where she does gun registration renewals. Wherein she has to TOUCH peoples hands to do their finger prints. Word is out that they are the ONLY county in the STATE (Florida) that allows WALK-INS for these services, while the rest of the states counties...are doing appointment only due to the covid. So if you're one of the lucky souls that work at this county, you're SOL because the D-bags from other counties are traveling HUNDREDS of miles to this one county that allows WALK-INs. 

She told me the appointment only counties appointments are MONTHS out if they now do make an appoint to register....and of course, they can't wait...so what do they do...they come from hundreds of miles...from the most infected counties to a county that's lower in infection numbers to infect this county.

I am hearing stories of similar situations of other government institutions being the last ditch effort to receive services when it's still a back water WALK-In location.

Can anyone here attest to this?

The driver's license offices were so crowded that people were driving an hour or two out of town to visit a smaller office.  It's nuts.

We have one massive central DMV location by me now, all the little offices are closing, most services are online anyway but if you have to go in they have appointments, it's pretty cool. You get a text or email reminder.

For the pandemic all the vehicle renewals etc were waived for up to 30 days after the emergency is declared over. 

Gun stores stayed open throughout the pandemic here as essential businesses, Texas enacted a law last year so that there are special provisions in a disaster for being in possession of a gun without the requisite license, no one sells to out of state customers though because their home state may not have the same laws and you sign to say you are upholding gun laws. Long guns don't need a license here, and there is no 'gun registry' I don't think, concealed weapons you have to get a license which is online:

What You Need

Valid driver license or identification card,

Current demographic, address, contact, and employment information,

Residential and employment information for the last five years (new users only),

Information regarding any psychiatric, drug, alcohol, or criminal history (new users only),

Valid email address, and

Valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express)
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE