Reporting a Post or Poster

poppyfields

Can someone explain how to report a post or poster?  There is one poster (new) that comes at me quite aggressively, even after an offer of respect and peace. 

It is starting to make me feel super uncomfortable but don't know how to stop it, and may need a mod's intervention. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by poppyfields
  • Shocked 1

Click on the flag icon in the upper right corner.   It will open a box with some radio buttons.  Click as appropriate.  Write in your issue.  Click send. 

• Thanks 1
Fresh_Start

Hi poppy.  

If you go to the "Activity and More" tab there's an option to "Contact Our Staff & Moderators".  I'm not a staff member or moderator, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Author
poppyfields
1 minute ago, Fresh_Start said:

Hi poppy.  

If you go to the "Activity and More" tab there's an option to "Contact Our Staff & Moderators".  I'm not a staff member or moderator, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. ;)

Lol, thanks FS! 

And thank you too d0nnivain.  

I think it will be okay.  :D

Happy Lemming

You can always add that particular poster to your ignore list...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you're using Windows, hover your cursor over the box this message is written in.  On the top right hand side, a message saying 'report post' will appear.  Click it and you'll get reporting options.

• Thanks 1
thefooloftheyear

Sorry Poppsi....I'll try to back off a bit...😂

Often when a new poster does this, its actually an established poster that starts another account to come at you....Ask me now I know this..lol...

Yeah...what the others said..

TFY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
poppyfields
35 minutes ago, thefooloftheyear said:

Sorry Poppsi....I'll try to back off a bit...😂

Often when a new poster does this, its actually an established poster that starts another account to come at you....Ask me now I know this..lol...

Yeah...what the others said..

TFY

TFY!! No you don't need to back off, your posts are great unless I missed a few.  :D

What you said about new posters, really?  So this person is an existing poster, doesn't like me, so created an alias to aggressively comment on my posts, make accusations and come at me?

I'm a little surprised but not really, but I was wondering why so much animosity towards someone (me!) given they just joined and not familiar with my posts. 

Hmmm, I wonder who it is, I might know. 

Thanks for the info!  I can be sensitive so there's that too.   But I think it will be okay.   :)

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 3

If it hasn't been already clarified, you can hover over the users name on a post and it will give you the option of 'ignore user', alternatively there's an 'ignored users' setting when you click on your profile in the top right side of the forum - it'll redirect you to another page where you can update preferences on what content you can ignore (not see from them). However, I don't know if it works vise-versa so they won't be able to see yours. I guess if not then it would be a good thing to add into the forum if possible.

• Thanks 1

Hi poppyfields,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening.

Please see our guide to Staying Safe on LoveShack.org. We share information and instructions on how to alert moderators to a particular post or participant, and actions you can take to set personal boundaries.

https://www.loveshack.org/staying-safe/

On mobile, there's a little flag icon in the upper right corner of each post that you can tap on to report. Otherwise, on desktop or larger screens, you'll see a "report post" link in the upper right.

You can always use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page. Please let me know if I can help!

Best,
Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DarrenB said:

If it hasn't been already clarified, you can hover over the users name on a post and it will give you the option of 'ignore user', 

I didn't know how to do that until I read your post Darren.  Thanks 

• Author
poppyfields
7 hours ago, Paul said:

Hi poppyfields,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening.

Please see our guide to Staying Safe on LoveShack.org. We share information and instructions on how to alert moderators to a particular post or participant, and actions you can take to set personal boundaries.

https://www.loveshack.org/staying-safe/

On mobile, there's a little flag icon in the upper right corner of each post that you can tap on to report. Otherwise, on desktop or larger screens, you'll see a "report post" link in the upper right.

You can always use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page. Please let me know if I can help!

Best,
Paul

Thank you Paul!!  As said, in this case I do think it will be ok, but if not, this^ was very helpful!  :):)

• Like 1
  • Author
poppyfields
19 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

You can always add that particular poster to your ignore list...

I just figured out how to do this, thanks!

It's the perfect solution really, and it's funny, the person I originally posted about has stopped coming at me (I honestly think I overreacted), but I did just add a different poster to ignore list for a completely different reason and feel good about it.

Thanks again to everyone who responded!  :D

• Like 2
  • Author
poppyfields
On 6/13/2020 at 5:23 PM, thefooloftheyear said:

Often when a new poster does this, its actually an established poster that starts another account to come at you....

Turns out you were right TFY.  Discovered it today....

Unreal, thanks for the heads up. 

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1