Who Has Had the Antibodies Test?

On 6/1/2020 at 2:23 AM, Eternal Sunshine said:

I had antibody test done and it was positive. Doctor warned me that it's not very accurate. I also got a swab test done on Friday and doctor called me today to tell me it was negative. Since I haven't had any symptoms in over a month, I think it's safe to visit my parents this week.

What is the difference in the tests to come up with different results?

Have a nice time with your parents!

My husband had the antibodies test developed by Boston Biopharma Mother's day weekend, and he tested positive for both antibodies - long term and short term.  Mass General uses these tests, but still I question the results as we both felt off in March for a day.  Nothing terrible,  just tired.  It would be great if the test was accurate though.

I am just leaving LabCorp where I had scheduled an antibody test. online it said the price was $10 and charged my credit card but when I got here they said that is not the charge and they don't know what the charge is but they will bill it to me. They said the government is paying something for it but they don't know what and they will fill it so I left and didn't get it done. I know other places I checked were charging $149 for in where I live. 

So don't bother with LabCorp. 

And also they were not at all enforcing social distancing and they only had one person there that was checking people in and doing the tests and it was just an overexposure to all kinds of people in there. Not safe at all. 

There's lots of walk-ins and they're not going to be seen. And it was impossible to make an appointment online because there are scheduler doesn't work correctly. there's a menu that asks what you're there for and there's no covid-19 I buddy test listed on there. So I kept choosing the general lab test one which is the top one and then it would say this clinic doesn't do that after it already told me which clinics did the antibody testing earlier. 

Then one of the many emails they kept sending had a thing that said choose general lab tests which is what I had been doing and then it had a link below it, and on that particular clinic there was nothing that said general lab test but it did say lab test so I chose that and that one worked. 

So just saying it was not worth it. Nothing with LabCorp is working right. I am just not going to agree to whatever price they decide to Bill me without them letting me know and after them posting that it's $10 on the website. 

• Author
CaliforniaGirl
11 hours ago, preraph said:

I am just leaving LabCorp where I had scheduled an antibody test. online it said the price was $10 and charged my credit card but when I got here they said that is not the charge and they don't know what the charge is but they will bill it to me. They said the government is paying something for it but they don't know what and they will fill it so I left and didn't get it done. I know other places I checked were charging $149 for in where I live. 

So don't bother with LabCorp. 

And also they were not at all enforcing social distancing and they only had one person there that was checking people in and doing the tests and it was just an overexposure to all kinds of people in there. Not safe at all. 

There's lots of walk-ins and they're not going to be seen. And it was impossible to make an appointment online because there are scheduler doesn't work correctly. there's a menu that asks what you're there for and there's no covid-19 I buddy test listed on there. So I kept choosing the general lab test one which is the top one and then it would say this clinic doesn't do that after it already told me which clinics did the antibody testing earlier. 

Then one of the many emails they kept sending had a thing that said choose general lab tests which is what I had been doing and then it had a link below it, and on that particular clinic there was nothing that said general lab test but it did say lab test so I chose that and that one worked. 

So just saying it was not worth it. Nothing with LabCorp is working right. I am just not going to agree to whatever price they decide to Bill me without them letting me know and after them posting that it's $10 on the website. 

Wow, this wasn’t my experience at all. I paid when scheduling online, there was the option of distance checking in (but I went in and checked right in), and 2 chairs were turned upside down and then the third you could sit in. So one-third capacity. However, it did say online that walkins would also be seen.

• Like 1

Since the scheduling tool was so screwed up no one could schedule an appointment so everyone was walking in. I miss with it for an hour and finally found a way in but the whole thing didn't make any sense and if I had to do it again I doubt if I could.

I just received an email from Kroger, they are doing free Covid Testing at mobile locations in the states below. Tests are available to people with symptoms, healthcare workers and first responders. krogerhealth.com

Alaska

Arizona

California

Colorado

Indiana

Kentucky

Michigan

North Carolina

Ohio

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Washington

Wisconsin

On 6/5/2020 at 9:37 PM, Ellener said:

What is the difference in the tests to come up with different results?

Have a nice time with your parents!

The swab test is to determine whether or not she has an active infection. The antibodies test is whether or not she has had an infection and now has antibodies - most likely IgG, or long-term antibodies. So those results make sense. Congratulations! She's essentially had COVID-19, gotten over it and has the antibodies. 

• Thanks 1

Where I live....there is a large blood drive bus that is pushing for donations as well as adding the ANTI BODY test to the mix. I am wondering if that one is accurate as I am registered with this company.

• Author
CaliforniaGirl
1 hour ago, simpycurious said:

I think that the test is going to be REQUIRED for us...........

For who?

• 2 weeks later...

So an antibodies test is just a test for the people who have already had the virus? And if I wanted to get tested to see if the virus is active in my body currently I would need to get the covid test you know like the nose/mouth swab?

geez, my supervisor just asked if I wanted to do a self test, I was like yeah, I wouldn’t mind knowing if I have it, she didn’t bother to tell it was an antibodies test and that it was a prick your finger test. Well, she could have explained it better, um yeah, I don’t know want antibodies test . I never got sick this past winter, so it would be pointless. She’s a supervisor for crying out loud, she can’t het her facts straight?

Edited by Bluesky00