Going for 6 pack abs

mortensorchid

I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack abs every other day.  I got it into my head that I will have 6 pack abs at age 45.  I am loosing weight and determined.  It's unbelievable, I could barely keep up at first but I am getting better at the video.  I feel a difference, even though you can't see the abs yet of course.  Week 1 is down.  

• Like 1
major_merrick

Nice.  I think as you strengthen your muscles, their appear as the fat diminishes.  It takes work.  Obviously not my thing, as I keep getting pregnant.  But my GFs work out a lot, and have quite a bit of muscle tone.....so it is definitely possible in your 30's and no doubt in your 40's too.

In my late 40s I had a Weider home gym that had different stations and used weights and pulleys.  I started doing crunches on the machine (I loved them, they were done in a sitting position on the machine and also built up shoulder muscles by pulling down the weights).  My husband at the time started commenting a lot on my "six pack". It wasn't super defined in my estimation, but obviously it was noticeable.  It definitely was nice to be flat/tight/toned in my clothes as well.

Unfortunately after my divorce I sold my huge house and in my small loft now I don't have room for the gym equipment.  Especially during this lock down I've been missing it a lot!  I'm personally not a fan of free weights or traditional crunches.  

Stick with your workout routine, I'm sure you'll be happy with your results.  

simpycurious

I am an avid CORE worker so let me give you a few pretty simple tips.  Your diet will greatly impact your "definition" combined with a regiment of core specific exercises.  Find what works best for you and stick with it.  Results might take a bit of time but they are worth it.  Get ready to buy new clothes............Good Luck

• 2 months later...
Tammy798797

Motivation plays a big role here, The best part of your struggle is you are trying your best to achieve your goals, and have no fear of failure.