Happy Lemming

@Paul

I don't have a "quirk" or "issue"...

Just a quick shout out & "thank you" to Paul and the rest of the mods for keeping everything going during the "Shelter in Place / Stay at home" order.

Reading and (posting) is a nice diversion, as I'm 100% tired of watching the TV.

THANK YOU!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Happy Lemming,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your kind words. On behalf of all of us, we're ever so thankful for all of the individuals that come here to share, connect, learn, and bounce perspectives off each other. These are unique times, yet no matter the circumstances, we remain a people that cherish and look to improve the bonds we have with others. It's a privilege to be a part of.

And as you pointed out, the amazing volunteers that have so graciously given their time, energies, and efforts to support this community and conversation play such an important role. I'm humbled by their passion and dedication, and so grateful to all of them for all that they do and for sharing the love for this space that I have. The moderation team here are the gardeners in this beautiful garden: shaping, weeding, pruning, watering, and nourishing the roots, vines, and flowers in a way that too often goes unnoticed, unrecognized, and unappreciated. They keep the fountains running, the blossoms blossoming, the courtyards inviting and in enjoying the fruits of their labor, we tend to overlook the effort that was put in to cultivate it.

Thank you for the reminder to me to take a moment to share my utmost appreciation and thanks to our current team of directors and moderators, to the newest moderator candidates just getting started, as well as to the almost 40 of those who have since retired or have temporarily stepped away to care for themselves and their families. Thank you.

I hope you, your loved ones, and the people in your lives come out of this pandemic strong in love, health, strength, and empathy for those who may not be so fortunate.

Best,
Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm very glad to have this forum during this pandemic.  It truly would be pretty lonely without it, and that goes for the rest of the time too.  

• Like 1